Monitor 10, Series 2 Update

Options
I recently purchased a pair of Monitor 10, Series 2 and wish to update crossovers. What caps and resisters are recommended? Where can I find an electrical schematic? I currently play HPM-100s on SX-1050 and plan to play M10s on Sansui G-6000. Any advice or recommendations... Thank you.

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    This thread may have the schematics you are looking for.

This is what I think the exact one you are looking for

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    On the series 2 update the tweeters to the RDO-198, purchase from Polk.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    Options
    Use Sonicaps and Mills resistors.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    Before ordering always double check the XO for parts that Polk used. Sometimes Polk made changes on the fly that are not always indicated on the schematic.