So, h e l l froze over again ☺

Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,611
edited March 11 in Music & Movies
Just about year after Don Henley announced that after Glenn Frey's death the Eagles would never perform again, it was announced that they, along with Fleetwood Mac will be headlining two weekend Classic Rock concerts this summer. One on the East Coast and one on the West, and I'd LOVE to see the East Coast shows which will be at Citi Field (Let's Go Mets!).

No official word on who will be replacing Glenn (if anyone), but I've read somewhere that Jackson Browne or Bob Seger are possible candidates (with Jackson the obvious best choice)..

Sorry if this has already been posted... B)

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleetwood-mac-eagles-2017-festival/

f6mwl124bmzu.jpg

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

Post edited by Rick88 on

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,075
    Thanks for posting this... now my wife knows what to get me for my birthday. :D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • chumliechumlie Posts: 8,144
    Just another money grab IMO. And it will work. Like I said before anyone get's offended. Just my opinion !!!
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,611
    chumlie wrote: »
    Just another money grab IMO. And it will work. Like I said before anyone get's offended. Just my opinion !!!

For sure. :)

• tonybtonyb Posts: 27,357
    Jackson Brown ? Dude can't sing his own songs anymore let alone Eagles songs. Some guys need to learn when to hang it up.

Money grab ? Obviously.....

Though I wouldn't mind seeing Don Henley again.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • rednedtugentrednedtugent Posts: 10,282
    "Though I wouldn't mind seeing #moneygrab again."

I'd get Willie Nelson. If you do Country-Rock long enough,
    you look like him anyway.
  • muncybobmuncybob Posts: 1,587
    If tickets prices are anything like the last tour by either group you'll need to re-mortgage the house for decent seats.
    Yep, my name really is Bob
  • gmcmangmcman Posts: 795
    I also heard that Gilmour and Waters were asked to reunite for a 1 show UK concert.....should be interesting.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 14,340
    gmcman wrote: »
    I also heard that Gilmour and Waters were asked to reunite for a 1 show UK concert.....should be interesting.

Don't they (still) hate each other?
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• gmcmangmcman Posts: 795
    edited March 11
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    gmcman wrote: »

Don't they (still) hate each other?

As far as I know there's still animosity.

If they got back together and toured the world it be the concert of the century.
  • Polkie2009Polkie2009 Posts: 3,836
    edited March 11
    I hear you gmcman. I always thought if ABBA got back together to do a concert ,it would be in the category of concert of the century. Alas , probably 10 years too late though. They still__ do, after all these years of not being a group, (35 yrs. or so?) have an enormous___ fanbase all over the world.
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,578
    Well ABBA's harmonies are a thing of beauty, then they got a boost from Mama Mia via Meryl Streep!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
    edited March 12
    As Steely Dan (Messrs. Becker & Fagen) put it:
    Turn up the Eagles, the neighbors are listening.

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 1,958
    DonnerUndBlitzen, news travels slow to the North Pole I guess.

Main System: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Wire: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 1,958
    edited March 12
    I was refering to your Donner and Blitzen as to the North Pole reference. Nolan Ryan is my sisters neighbor.

Main System: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Wire: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,075
    I was refering to your Donner and Blitzen as to the North Pole reference. Nolan Ryan is my sisters neighbor.

Any chance of grabbing me an autographed baseball?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,534
    Thanks for posting this... now my wife knows what to get me for my birthday. :D

Just leave the first post of this thread open on ANY screen you can in the house...as long as it takes :)
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

Keiko wrote: »
    That's offensive and not audio related. I'm telling! :#
  • minerminer Posts: 985

As Eagle mssrs put it:

They Stab it with Their Steely Knives, but They Just can't Kill the Beast
    [
    Yes quite. Truth be told, I had considered mentioning that Eagle-esque counterpoint, but demurred. Thanks for completing the circuit!

:)

• Danny TseDanny Tse Posts: 5,177
    Replace Glenn Frey? Get Vince Gill. He not only can sing, he could play a mean guitar as well.

On the other hand, Gill declined Dire Straits' invitation to join that band.
  • K_MK_M Posts: 892
    Are there any Eagles tribute bands running around? There are several real good Pink Floyd knock offs. I saw the Beatlemania show back in the late 70s on a Hard Days Night. Maybe an Eagles tribute band could call themselves the Vultures instead of the Ventures (that name is already spoken for, Wipeout!). At this point, a tribute band may pull off the Eagles song catalog much better than what is left of the Eagles.

Ive seen some of the Pink Floyd tribute bands on video, but never in real life. Not sure how it would feel seing a tribute band. I get they are musically very close to the real thing.
    Lsi15, Lsi9, LsiC,Rta11t,M5jr+,M4,SDA 3.1TL, SDA SRS 2.3TL, Rti6....Still listing stuff, a work in progress.
    B+W-
    Epos-
    Infinity-
    Advent-

Are there any Eagles tribute bands running around? There are several real good Pink Floyd knock offs. I saw the Beatlemania show back in the late 70s on a Hard Days Night. Maybe an Eagles tribute band could call themselves the Vultures instead of the Ventures (that name is already spoken for, Wipeout!). At this point, a tribute band may pull off the Eagles song catalog much better than what is left of the Eagles.

Yes there are Eagles tribute bands.
    http://www.flyingmonkeynh.com/event-detail/eaglemania/2017-06-24/

You can see "Eaglemania" at The Flying Monkey in Plymouth, NH! :)
    The Flying Monkey is actually one of our favorite "local" (OK, it's an hour-and-a-half away) venues up here in the frozen white north.

• Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,611
    I realize there are a lot of Eagles haters out there.

I am not one of them, and that Farewell One Tour (especially on Blu-Ray) is one of my absolute favorites. I love the material, performances, video and (especially) the SOUND QUALITY. Reference demo material, IMHO...

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 3,203
    miner wrote: »

As Eagle mssrs put it:

They Stab it with Their Steely Knives, but They Just can't Kill the Beast

Reminds me that I had to pass on Steely Dan in Vegas next month. I have no money for them to grab.
    Parlor: Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Dungeon: Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*Usher N-6361*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*IFI nano IDSD* Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Head gear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S*

Hello Kitty boombox

Spares: Yamaha RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Self Control is over rated.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 237
    Deacon Frey and Vince Gill with The Eagles.
    tgv7xnkzkdye.jpg

I saw this news yesterday. Look at that Deacon Frey; a young Glenn
    Classic East and West Festivals
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-vince-gill/