Just scored some SDA CRS' off EBAY

Hey guys, I couldn't tell form the pics, but the price looked right so I pulled the trigger after how happy I've been with the 1c's. Any help ID'ing these? They look pretty rough, but I figured for that money, it's worth taking the chance.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222408761111

Thanks

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,549
    I would of asked for a front picture of the drivers before pulling the trigger.
  • jimmylee123
    jimmylee123 Posts: 105
    I was going to, but I have some extras anyways. Plus they said they work, and it was only 120 bucks before shipping. Plus they take returns, drop in the bucket man.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Those are early CRS+ with blade/blade IC. Single tweeter models. I have a pair of those with serial numbers 500 ahead of them. Nice speakers, but kind of dead ended with the upgrade path due to the early crossovers.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    Those are early CRS+ with blade/blade IC. Single tweeter models. I have a pair of those with serial numbers 500 ahead of them. Nice speakers, but kind of dead ended with the upgrade path due to the early crossovers.

What indicates to you that they are CRS+?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Libertyc
    Libertyc Posts: 914
    Looks like a good deal. The seller is very close too me.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited March 2017
    They have serial numbers 500 later than my CRS+. Would they have continued making the earlier version after they started making the single tweeter model, Jesse?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,782
    Dennis, no I doubt it. I was just wondering how you could tell by looking at them with the grills on, but I see how you did it now. Thanks!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jimmylee123
    Yeah man, I was actually thinking CRS+ too. Glad that someone else thinks so, guess I'll really know when I get them though. Yep2, I am not sure I follow, p2p?
  • jimmylee123
    Yep, NVM found out what you were talking about. Is that basically the same as taking the xovers out of the newer version and putting it in the olds? With new components, of course.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850

Not dead-ended, just more expensive to upgrade due to the size of the sub bass drive capacitors. They can be modified for RDO-198s as well.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • jimmylee123
    Hey I got them, they're in DECENTish shape, all things considered. 1 driver was locked up and 1 tweeter doesn't work. So I will have to upgrade to the RDO-198s sooner than I expected. I replaced the locked up driver, luckily had a extra driver for it. Hooked them up to my old Pioneer SX100-tw, they sounded pretty damn nice. Lots of bass, very smooth sounding. Can't wait to test them out with replaced driver gaskets and new tweets.
  • jimmylee123
    Ended up getting them for 77 bucks.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Without crossover changes, the drop-in replacement tweeters will be the RD0-194.

Enjoy your new speakers!

Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • jimmylee123
    ^ Thanks good sir, already got em ordered.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,891
    If your going to upgrade them it's not that hard to convert them to the later CRS+ Single board pin/blade..

Mine were the B/B split crossover boards... Two drivers, P2P, or gimpods boards and you're on your way..
  • jimmylee123
    Will I be able to retain the RDO-194's I just acquired? You're saying literally all I need is the boards, and new drivers, is that correct?

Thx
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,549
    Go out to vintage speaker section look up crs+ and read the schematic it will tell you all you need to know then compare to yours.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Will I be able to retain the RDO-194's I just acquired? You're saying literally all I need is the boards, and new drivers, is that correct?

Thx

If they're the 3rd generation CRS+s, you can use the new RDO-194-1 Tweeters, but you'll need new boards, new inductors, capacitors, resistors, two new MW6511 woofers, and a new interconnect wouldn't hurt. You're better off rebuilding what you have, IMHO,
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/