How much batting in RTA 12B's

Options
Looking for some opinions on how much batting to use in my overhaul of RTA 12B's.

Thanks,
Carver C-1, M-500 MKII, Yamaha HTR-5835, Polk RTA 12BM's (M-for mod'd).

Comments

• Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    If you have the dacron that was originally in them, just use that. Make sure it is above the passive radiator
  • Michael8it
    Michael8it Posts: 192
    Options
    I don't. The cabinets came from original RTA 12's and had a foam wedge and no polyfill. If I understand the concept, you want polyfill from just below the drivers (middle of the cabinet) to the top, and none behind the PR. Correct?
    Carver C-1, M-500 MKII, Yamaha HTR-5835, Polk RTA 12BM's (M-for mod'd).
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    That is correct
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Michael8it wrote: »
    I don't. The cabinets came from original RTA 12's and had a foam wedge and no polyfill. If I understand the concept, you want polyfill from just below the drivers (middle of the cabinet) to the top, and none behind the PR. Correct?
    I think your 12s should be similar to my 2Bs. You might find this thread useful: How much polyfill for my 2Bs?
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    Glad to see another pair of RTA-12x being resurrected. I did the full Monty on my 12C's, except for the RD0194's and am very pleased with the performance improvement.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer