Looking for Boston VR Marantz B&K

Hello everyone, I am looking for some help finding some components to finish my 11.3 home theater system. I already have my Boston VR950 towers, Boston VR-M60s, Boston VR-M50s, Boston VR920 center, 2 Infinity BU-2 12" powered subs and an Infinity Infinitesimal 10" powered servo sub.

I'd like to finish the system off with a set of Boston Acoustics VR975 towers. A set of Boston Acoustics VR-MX surround speakers. A B&K 200.7 Reference amplifier and a B&K Reference 7250 amplifier. And last but not least, a Marantz AV8801 preamp.
All of this equipment must be in great physical and functional condition.
Thanks, Jeff.

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Hi Jeff,

Welcome to club Polk. Good luck with your search!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Jeff's a great guy and he's building a very nice HT. He cleaned me out of all my remaining Boston gear for sale. He picked up the 60s, the 50s, the speaker stands and the brackets from me. Hope they work out for you Jeff, and looking forward to pics of this beast of a system!

Welcome to CP and the rabbit hole.
  • Thanks everyone.
    Your awsome Al!
  • scubalab
    You should have everything now Jeff. How you liking them?
  • The 50s and brackets are on the truck for delivery today. I have no doubts that im gonna love them. I also just picked up my B&K Reference7250 5 channel amp for $750. Unit is in mint condition from the original owner. Hope that was a good deal for the amp.
  • scubalab
    Let me know how the 50s and brackets held up in shipping. I packed them better than the 60s! That 7250 is a great amp. Price was fair. I had the Reference 3220 for a while and loved it.
  • The 50s have arrived unscathed! I should have the amp sometime next week. Bidding on the Marantz AV8801 right now on ebay. Hope I win it! Oooooh im getting close!!
  • scubalab
    Well Jeff, did you win the Marantz? :)

You should start another thread with pics of your theater build in progress!
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Dang, just sold a mint set of VR975s too. All I've got now is the matching center(s)
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • Yeah that would've been nice to get your 975s. I'm watching a B&K 200.7 Reference S2 amp that I need for $1200 online right now but I think that's a little too high. Any thoughts?
    I should get around to posting some pics of the equipment I have to start this HT build this weekend. Its should be a pretty nice system for around $5k.
  • I missed out on another Marantz AV8801. It sold for $1035. I know ill be able to pick one up between $800 and $900.
  • scubalab
    Did you see this Jeff? Someone else posted in the "Misc Audio Deals" thread...

https://santabarbara.craigslist.org/ele/6048290360.html

Pretty good deal, but silver faceplate.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Yeah that would've been nice to get your 975s. I'm watching a B&K 200.7 Reference S2 amp that I need for $1200 online right now but I think that's a little too high. Any thoughts?

1200 is IMHO VERY HIGH. Unless its been gone through and recapped I would not pay more than 1k, and that would be shipped for a very nice looking unit.

I'd personally almost forgo the ebay stuff as thats always gonna run high. I'd be scouring hifi shark, audiogon and any forum possible for better deals.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Awsome, thanks so much for the input. I did think that was kinda high.
  • I tried to contact the person with the silver B&K equipment in Santa Barbara but im getting no reply.
  • Just picked up my VR975 towers :)
    The only speakers I need know are the VR-MX surrounds in black.