vintage Monitor 7 crossover frequencies ?

Options
New guy happy to be here. I am making a project speaker using an older monitor sl2000 tweeter left over from upgrades and a PE 6.5 classic woofer 8 ohm. I just cannot seem to fing the old crossover levels on line anywhere. The classic woofer tops out on the spec sheet at 4000hz. But where does the sl2000 bottom out? See what I am getting at? Where did the old polk monitor 7 6.5" woofer top out at? I know there are a million variations but I just need a useful range for developing or adapting a crossover. The project I am working on will most likely use a 8" polk passive radiator if that changes anything. HELP!!!
Dining Room:
Polk monitor 10b, tweeter upgrade
Yamaha CR2020
Yamaha TC-720 tape
Pioneer 8-track
U-turn orbit plus turntable

Family Room:
Polk monitor 7 (2 sets)
Polk RTA11t , tweeter upgrade
Bic 12" powered sub
Yamaha DSP-A1
Yamaha tuner
Technics turntable

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. If you look at an original Monitor 7's schematic the second order high pass filter will result in a crossover frequency of 3kHz.
    Good luck on your project.
    Regards, Ken
  • Swampfox77
    Swampfox77 Posts: 2
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Thank you Kenneth I was glad to get a response. I know it is a general question but it helped me a lot. I am making somewhat of a set of monitor 7's that is long and goes along the top of a wall where it meets the ceiling and faces down at an angle. It is for the wife's dressing room. The total length is 57 inches. Should be interesting. B)
    Dining Room:
    Polk monitor 10b, tweeter upgrade
    Yamaha CR2020
    Yamaha TC-720 tape
    Pioneer 8-track
    U-turn orbit plus turntable

Family Room:
    Polk monitor 7 (2 sets)
    Polk RTA11t , tweeter upgrade
    Bic 12" powered sub
    Yamaha DSP-A1
    Yamaha tuner
    Technics turntable
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Options
    You're welcome, I'm glad it was helpful. Interesting project, keep us posted.
    Cheers!