Turntable motor repair

Options
Hey, does anyone in the DFW area know of anyone that may be able to repair a stand alone turntable motor?

I have a motor that I got a while ago that needs some tlc. I believe it uses a Pabst motor.

Any would be massively appreciated.

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    If you're willing to pack it up and send it to Chicago, check out Anthony's Electronics Service
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited March 2017
    Options
    ftworthaudio.com/

Give them a shout, even if they don't repair the motor maybe they can point you in right direction
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • lordcloud
    lordcloud Posts: 29
    Options
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    I had my turntable motor replaced by a TV repair shop. I'm not saying all TV repair shops would, but they may have the skill and knowledge.

Wouldn't hurt to look into that if you didn't have other options.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    I took my motor apart when I got my Triangleart and replaced it myself with the exact same motor. You might be able to do the same by taking it apart and using google to find the correct one by part number.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson