And... We're Off! Dual 18" Sealed Sub Build

13»

Comments

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,206
    Now we just need to talk about buying a acoustically transparent screen, so you can go bigger, and maybe a projector upgrade hehehehehe.....
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,471
    Now we just need to talk about buying a acoustically transparent screen, so you can go bigger, and maybe a projector upgrade hehehehehe.....

Dan's buying :o
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Dan's buying :o

Neva lol... I'm spending other people's money because I got none of my own lol
    scubalab wrote: »
    And, left sub installed. Just need to make the grills, calibrate and sit back and enjoy a couple flicks this evening.

Dan, thanks man! Yes, probably Cars tonight. The racing scenes at the very beginning are fantastic!

So................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,140
    Caligula probably sounds "the balls" with that setup!
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 1,766
    Didn't get quite all I wanted to get done on Sunday. Got both grill frames built, and fabric on one. Being so close to the wall, the left install is going to be a little tricky mounting the grill so I'm going to have to do some creative things to get it to work. Still need to calibrate, but for Dan, here's a pic of the right sub with the grill. I plan to put a (removable) piece of trim along the bottom with a short piece of painted drywall extending slightly up and behind the bottom of the grill, hence opening that's in the pic.

cyods70nukgv.jpg
    edited March 30
    scubalab wrote: »
    ...but for Dan....

:p

After calibration I expect a report from each family member documenting the changes in the system and have it be accompanied by reveal photos taken upon first firing up the system and hearing said changes

:p :wink:
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 95
    Ok it's been 6 weeks... Have you been able to attain the brown note with them yet?
  • machonemachone Posts: 698
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 1,766
    ^^^

Something I don't think I want to 'attain', LOL

In all seriousness, we did get everything recalibrated, and have been enjoying the sound very much. It's definitely much more accurate and balanced with the three subs. It's not in-your-face (unless we want it to be) so much... it's more that we 'feel' the bass now, and it's fantastic.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,416
    machone wrote: »
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?

A note produced by a very flabby instrument. Tends to leave a scent as well...
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?

Google it. :smile:
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,593
    edited May 16
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?

commonly called a skidmark

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,309