And... We're Off! Dual 18" Sealed Sub Build

13»

Comments

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,478
    Now we just need to talk about buying a acoustically transparent screen, so you can go bigger, and maybe a projector upgrade hehehehehe.....
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

My system makes me happy and changes too often for me to care to update a list..... you guys are good at spending my money!
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,840
    Now we just need to talk about buying a acoustically transparent screen, so you can go bigger, and maybe a projector upgrade hehehehehe.....

Dan's buying :o
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Dan's buying :o

Neva lol... I'm spending other people's money because I got none of my own lol

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

My system makes me happy and changes too often for me to care to update a list..... you guys are good at spending my money!
    scubalab wrote: »
    And, left sub installed. Just need to make the grills, calibrate and sit back and enjoy a couple flicks this evening.

Dan, thanks man! Yes, probably Cars tonight. The racing scenes at the very beginning are fantastic!

So................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,238
    Caligula probably sounds "the balls" with that setup!
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 1,813
    Didn't get quite all I wanted to get done on Sunday. Got both grill frames built, and fabric on one. Being so close to the wall, the left install is going to be a little tricky mounting the grill so I'm going to have to do some creative things to get it to work. Still need to calibrate, but for Dan, here's a pic of the right sub with the grill. I plan to put a (removable) piece of trim along the bottom with a short piece of painted drywall extending slightly up and behind the bottom of the grill, hence opening that's in the pic.

cyods70nukgv.jpg
    edited March 30
    scubalab wrote: »
    ...but for Dan....

:p

After calibration I expect a report from each family member documenting the changes in the system and have it be accompanied by reveal photos taken upon first firing up the system and hearing said changes

:p :wink:

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 305
    Ok it's been 6 weeks... Have you been able to attain the brown note with them yet?
  • machonemachone Posts: 769
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?
    Mojo Audio Joule v5>>Quantum Byte w/JRiver 21 and Fidelizer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Marantz SA 8005>> Equinox 7>>
    Hafler DH-110 Preamp + (Musical Concepts LXII Elite Mod) >>Equinox 7>>
    Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts PA-6 Elite Mod) >>Belden 5000 10 ga cables>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modified)...SDA-1A (Fully Modified with Dimensional Tweeter Delete)
    1KVA Dreadnought
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony DVP-NS575P DVD Player

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 1,813
    ^^^

Something I don't think I want to 'attain', LOL

In all seriousness, we did get everything recalibrated, and have been enjoying the sound very much. It's definitely much more accurate and balanced with the three subs. It's not in-your-face (unless we want it to be) so much... it's more that we 'feel' the bass now, and it's fantastic.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,522
    machone wrote: »
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?

A note produced by a very flabby instrument. Tends to leave a scent as well...
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Mains: Def Tech Mythos 2; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000+Energy EPS-100 sub; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Rotel RSP-1069, Rotel RB-993, Polk LSiM703, LSiM704c, NHT Super One CI, MartinLogan Dynamo (Original), FireTV, Arcam rDac
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?

Google it. :smile:

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,120
    edited May 16
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?

commonly called a skidmark

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,391
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll bite.
    What's a brown note?

commonly called a skidmark

Insert lightman here..
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,359
    Insert "this", Ken.....
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,120
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Insert "this", Ken.....

Hey now keep it family friendly hehe
13»