Polk SRT Advertisement

Options
Does anyone have the full-size SRT ad they could scan for me. This is the biggest one I could find but would like to get a full-sized scanned version at high resolution. (greater than 300 DPI).

I need it for a project I'm working on. If no one has it I will buy one on eBay but was hoping someone on here could help me out.

o0axjc.jpg

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    Maybe Mr.Ken could come up with a factory pdf.
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    Options
    I'll take anything I can get but if someone who has the actual add could scan it at high-resolution and save it as a .jpg or better yet a .png that would be awesome too.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    That makes me miss the old days. Man what good times in audio it was back then.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    C'mon, someone has to have this magazine ad.

I used to see them on eBay all the time but there hasn't been any for a while now.

I'd buy one if I could.

Calling all SRT owners. Can you help a brother out?
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    I would love to be able to find that widescreen review article again.
    Ask @KennethSwauger if he can help.
  • Gatecrasher
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well I just found one for sale on the internet and purchased it today. Hopefully it will be a nice original like it was described as being in the ad.

I ended-up paying $12 for it.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    Well I received my SRT ad in the mail yesterday.

Here's the original ad:

audioarchives.ecrater.com/p/8976622/polk-srt-system-ad-from-1996-very#

Polk SRT System Ad from 1996, very rare!, beautiful!
    dvr2q8.jpg

This is a collector's item ADVERTISEMENT from 1996! Geat for collectors and audiophiles! These are vintage RARE ads for Great Audio and Video Equipment. Check out my eCRATER Store for THOUSANDS more relating to electronics. ready for framing and put on your wall! 100% original, no copies or reproductions.

What did I receive?

An inkjet copy.

Bummer.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Yea, bummer, I would definitely get my money back...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie...I loled. Sorry.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    Well the seller contacted me and claimed that he sent me an email notifying me that he no longer had the original. He said when he didn't hear back from me he sent the copy. I told him that to my knowledge I never received an email from him.

So he asked me what I wanted to do and I told him how I was really looking for a high-res scan and was planning to scan the original ad myself but if he had a 600 DPI or higher resolution scan that I would accept it. He emailed me the entire scanned multi-page ad pamphlet in 600 DPI so I closed the PayPal complaint.

He seemed like an alright guy about it all so I'm OK with it now.

I'll post-up the "project" I have planned for these scans when I get it done.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Smooth move, Vegas. Dead link.....
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    If it was on the other side of the country I'd make the guy an offer.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    xh6ytasy9rim.gif
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gatecrasher
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It's a Big Kahuna burger (and it look's tasty). lol
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I received these documents in 1996 via Interdyn-International dynamics, Melbourne victoria Australia with a quoted price for the SRT system of $2299.00 aussie dollars,LMAO,I rang him and asked if he was pulling my leg!!.....He replied ...OHHH he forgot a Zero.
    1996 retail price $22990.00 Aussie dollars..... Average house prices were around $100 000
  • ptrooper
    edited April 2017
    Options

a23kibuitnbj.jpg

Post edited by ptrooper on
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Only 20 sets ever made ? How come ?
  • Gatecrasher
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ptrooper wrote: »
    I received these documents in 1996 via Interdyn-International dynamics, Melbourne victoria Australia with a quoted price for the SRT system of $2299.00 aussie dollars,LMAO,I rang him and asked if he was pulling my leg!!.....He replied ...OHHH he forgot a Zero.
    1996 retail price $22990.00 Aussie dollars..... Average house prices were around $100 000

Hey ptrooper,

If you don't want to sell those can you scan some hi-res copies? Do you have a scanner? After looking at the copies this joker sent me it appears they were lower-resolution scans that he manipulated with some software to make them 600 dpi. I'd really like to get my hands on some originals or nice hi-res scans.

Can you help a brother out?
    TForan wrote: »
    Only 20 sets ever made ? How come ?

There were more than 20 sets made. More like 500 from what I've read on the forum.
  • ptrooper
    Options
    scans emailed and original copy coming via the post.
  • Gatecrasher
    Options
    Thanks for the favor ptrooper!

If I can ever do anything to reciprocate don't hesitate to ask.