Advice not needed for this purchase

Sort of. I have ways wanted to take the time out to say thanks to the many helpful and informative members on this forum. You guys have always helped me decide on where to spend my money. You guys have been really good at that. Well the other day I surfed CL and came across a B&k 200.5 and today I brought it home. Pictures will be posted shortly.
Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Not sure how different it will really be than the 7250ii but let us know and nice grab!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Both are powerhouses! I have the service schematics for the 200.5. I can get em to you if you want.

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • 9s4gnb6zilww.jpg
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

• Nightfall wrote: »
    Not sure how different it will really be than the 7250ii but let us know and nice grab!

Idea behind the purchase is to complete the power portion of the HT. I'll drop it into the theater and give it a run on Hacksaw & Ridge. I'll do some music tomorrow and report back but I'm in the same boat as you nightfall about no sonic difference.
    Both are powerhouses! I have the service schematics for the 200.5. I can get em to you if you want.

Sure. You need my email for that. Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. Thanks EndersShadow.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Man... you've even got the v2.....

I can attach it to a PM, so send me one lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Is the v2 suppose to be better?

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Great amp! Agree that it's probably comparable to the 7250. I had a 3220 for a while and it was very comparable to my 200.7 but with only 3 channels.

And yeah, every chance I get, I like to brag to Dan (Enders) that mine is bigger... :o

Sounds like a nice CL score... they don't come up that often. How is the condition? It's hard to tell from the pic.
  • Condition of the amp is great. I'll give a 9/10 for cosmetics.

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Condition of the amp is great. I'll give a 9/10 for cosmetics.

Awesome!

The picture looks like there was a gouge on the left side of the faceplate. Must just be an artifact in the pic. Performance it the most important, but 9/10 for cosmetics? BONUS!!!
  • scubalab wrote: »
    Condition of the amp is great. I'll give a 9/10 for cosmetics.

Awesome!

The picture looks like there was a gouge on the left side of the faceplate. Must just be an artifact in the pic. Performance it the most important, but 9/10 for cosmetics? BONUS!!!

That gouge is actually the rack mount face plate.