Hacksaw Ridge . Mel Gibson does it again!

Options
I hope it wins best picture,best actor,best director tonight! Watched it last night. Wow. Peace. D
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Watched it last night great movie
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Also watched last night. One of the best movies I have seen.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Watched it with the wife last evening in UHD, the picture and audio was fantastic stuff was zinging all over the room, felt like yelling out incoming a time or two. I will get a second viewing here shortly as the grandson wants to see it.

As much as I liked it I still think When We Were Soldiers was better, along with Saving Private Ryan. It is still a very enjoyable flick, and as said the audio portion was mastered very well.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    La La Land is going to win much of it. Saw that, Manchester by the sea....which sucked, Moonlight....which sucked way much, Fences....good flick and Viola Davis better win something. Denzel was great too. Still liked Captain Fantastic as an all around enjoyable flick but I don't think any awards will be granted to it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    I have an issue with anything Mel Gibson does from some of his drunken outbursts.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    I have an issue with anything Mel Gibson does from some of his drunken outbursts.

No one is perfect. I still think he's one of the best. :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • pitdogg2
    Options

like you have had no drunken out burst's LOL....I know I did in my youth :pB)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options

I agree, he's a horrible raving anti-semite (and all around bigot), something I have zero tolerance for. But I love almost everything Clint Eastwood makes, and he's a raving republican (not at all the same admittedly). Like @Ricardo said, no one is perfect. If I only watched films by actors/directors I respected as people, I would have even less to watch ;-)

Having said that, I would like to see the film but there is no way my wife will watch it. So it goes on the very long list of things to watch alone, meaning I might never get to it
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    edited February 2017
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »

I agree, he's a horrible raving anti-semite (and all around bigot), something I have zero tolerance for. But I love almost everything Clint Eastwood makes, and he's a raving republican (not at all the same admittedly). Like @Ricardo said, no one is perfect. If I only watched films by actors/directors I respected as people, I would have even less to watch ;-)

Having said that, I would like to see the film but there is no way my wife will watch it. So it goes on the very long list of things to watch alone, meaning I might never get to it

Then you must also think the same of the rest of Hollywood... which is far more antisemetic than Mel. They just don't get branded as such despite their anti-Israel, pro Palestine stance.

Hollywood is full of hypocrites.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    Options

Then you must also think the same of the rest of Hollywood... which is far more antisemetic than Mel. They just don't get branded as such despite their anti-Israel, pro Palestine stance.

Bingo John.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Being pro-Palestine does NOT equal being anti-semitic. There are significant human rights issues on both sides. Complex issues call for complex solutions.

But that is a whole nother issue...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options

That sums it up!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I would like to see the film but there is no way my wife will watch it.

I ripped it, then took a quick sampling from the movie. My wife will also take a zero for attendance, on that day as well. Something about the horrors of war and human dismemberment blah blah blah...

Maybe this Saturday!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • tonyb
    Options
    Being pro-Palestine does NOT equal being anti-semitic. There are significant human rights issues on both sides. Complex issues call for complex solutions.

But that is a whole nother issue...

Sure it does.....what's complex about one side that wants the other dead ? What's complex about one side not even recognizing Israel exists ? If your pro Palestinian, that means you subscribe to their wishes, right ? Those wishes are to remove the state of Israel, reclaim Jerusalem, even if they have to kill them all to do it.

So yeah, that makes you an anti-Semite in my book if you want to claim a pro-Palestinian stance.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Yup, hard to argue with someone across the table who would rather see your head "on" the table...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Politics and religion should be off limits...............
    Just like when we have all of the family over for Thanksgiving or Christmas :)
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • tonyb
    Options
    machone wrote: »
    Politics and religion should be off limits...............
    Just like when we have all of the family over for Thanksgiving or Christmas :)

agreed....should also be removed from other areas also that they previously did not exist in.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    It does not make sense to be Anti-Semite in Hollywood, were the Jewish are the majority of the Hollywood elite. Then again if you dislike your owners may be it does.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hollywood Jews are some of the most anti Semitic people I have ever met. I know that sounds hypocritical, but then again , Hollywood is full of hypocrites.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    ^^I don't know anybody in Hollywood anymore. I did know Mr. Ed but he was agnostic.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• rooftop59
    Options
    No time or reason to argue with ignorance. More important things to do. I'm out.
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Mr. Ed was gnostic, not agnostic. I knew him well. A real mystic.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    3 2 1 annnnd this one is CLOSED
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Yep, this one veered to the hard right and crashed and burned.

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Options
    For the record, I still think Mel Gibson is one of the greatest actors. Right up there with Jack Nicholson, Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Russell Crowe....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It won an Oscar for best sound mixing and we'll deserved, watched it again last night, in 7.2 it did a good Job of sounding realistic, one of the better mixes I have heard lately.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    Options
    Good war flick, nice editing, and even some pretty good acting. Best picture, director, or...? I don't think so. Even Gibson said so right before the start of the show.

Among recent WWII films, I preferred Fury.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    andrew82 wrote: »
    Among recent WWII films, I preferred Fury.

Fury was a good flick! Loved the shells bouncing off the armour.

• nooshinjohn
    Options
    Bought it on blue ray and will watch when I get a chance...

• tonyb
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Bought it on blue ray and will watch when I get a chance...

Now that right there is funny....considering. You do realize watching movies at ref level now is out for years to come. War movies need to be played loud bro....babies need quiet, Momma needs quiet....John needs a room a block away to watch movies again. :)

When you get a chance is when Momma takes that kid for school supplies in 5 years. :p
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's