RIP Bill Paxton.

Options
What a shock this morning. I can't even list all the thoughts and rolls running through my head.

Rest In Peace sir...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/02/26/actor-bill-paxton-dead-at-61.html
"Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Way too young too, good actor and seemingly great guy. Anyone know what surgery he was having ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Training Day was fun to watch because of him, love that show. If I were to have been an actor, his career would have been the one I would have wanted.
    He will be missed.

RIP.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Best Bill Paxton quote:

"I'm nothing - I'm navel lint"!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    Shuttup.... No way...

Bill Paxton? I was just watching the guy last week... "Heart of the ocean..."

Rip man
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    Bill had so many iconic roles, but in my mind he'll always be Private Hudson in Aliens!

He apparently is the only actor to have been killed by a Terminator, Alien and Predator.

RIP Bill!
    No excuses!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    RIP Bill

He was one of my Favorite. during the filming of "Near Dark" when he was in makeup and all burned up looking, a train had stop close by so he walk up to the Caboose and asked for help. On The making of Video he and Lance talked about all the crazy stuff they did.

I love the Movie "Frailty" that he wrote produce & Directed and even starred in. If you haven't seen it you need to.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,556
    Options
    Training Day was fun to watch because of him, love that show.

RIP.

Yes i too love watching it. It had the worst reviews so i knew I'd love it.

Too young so sad.

RIP

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    He was awesome. Twister and Weird Science was 2 of my favorites. Titanic was pretty damn good to. He played a really cool role.

RIP
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    Big Love was a great series IMO...NPR replayed a interview with him recently with Terry Gross, who I despise BTW, but he sounded like a cool, down to earth guy.
  • TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    Options
    If you have never seen the movie "A Simple Plan" do yourself a favor. It's fantastic. One of Billy Bob's best roles too.
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Dynamated, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - SVS SB12-NSD (2 in Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)