Mounting amp to sub ok??

I helping my son add a 10 inch sub to his system. Can the sub amp be mounted to the sub box? It would be helpful for when he needs the truck space and the sub needs to come out for short time periods.

Comments

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,019
    edited February 27
    Yep, can be done, has been done for years, take the amp and screw it right to the box. I've done it for years. Really no different than a powered home sub, the plate amp is usually attached right to the box.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.