Subwoofer cutting in and out and crackling

I have the Polk Audio MagniFi sound bar and subwoofer and have a problem with my subwoofer cutting in and out and making crackling noises.

Has anyone else had issues with this?

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. In many instances that kind of problem can be caused by interference from a network router nearby. As a test, try unplugging the router and see if the sub works correctly.
    Regards, Ken
  • I had exactly that problem. A brand new Polk system and the subwoofer kept cutting in and out randomly. It was located right next to my router and network switch, so I moved the sub and it cleared the problem right up!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Is the sub wireless? If not then it has a poor design if network RFI affects it.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ryangraybill
    ryangraybill Posts: 1
    edited August 2023
    Im having the same issue with a Sigma S2 but it doesn’t seem to be from a router. Worked great for about a month and then now intermittent bass. I’ve reconnected multiple times and pulled power multiple times. Thoughts?
  • I'll pass this along to some friends at Polk, it might be a couple of days before I get a reply.
  • Please send an email to: Kim.Jasper@masimo.com and give him your telephone number, address, serial number of the unit and he will solve the problem. Explain the circumstances of your problem.
  • I have a Polk soundbar system that is likely 6/7 years old. It has worked well mostly. It is used for the TV which is a 4K Samsung. Has been working fine with the off exception of the wireless subwoofer cutting out occasionally. However recently the subwoofer will crackle and not work at all. I have tried changing the channels from 1 through 4 both on the sound bar and the subwoofer but it doesn’t seem to help.
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    edited October 2023
    Hello,
    Welcome! Let me ask a friend at Polk what the cause could be. Can you tell me which soundbar you have and how close is your router to either the bar or the sub?
  • I’m also having the same issue with my Sigma S2 but it doesn’t seem to be from a router. Worked great for about a month and then now intermittent bass. I’ve reconnected multiple times and pulled power multiple times. I even bought a new optic cable. Seems to glitch when I mess with the optic cable. Any idea how to fix??