NAD C 275BEE PROBLEMS

I have a brand new NAD C 275BEE Power Amplifier. This is actually the third one I have received in about 3 weeks, as the other two(which were refurbished) were giving me the same issue. The issue I'm having is that the STANDBY button will not turn from yellow/amber color to blue when I press the standby button. Instead it starts blinking red. Keep in mind this is with the amp plugged straight into the outlet with no other wires plugged in. I'd appreciate any help on this. Thanks

Answers

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Is this in the U.S.?
    Does this happen with no wires connected?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Yes I'm in the U.S. and even with no wires connected it still blinks red.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Have you metered the outlet to see what the actual AC voltage it puts out?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • No I haven't done that. I have a richard grey power conditioner that I ran the amp through. I also had a special outlet installed in the wall behind my stereo for a better power current for my amps. It does state in the manual that it connect only to a 120V 60HZ or 230V 50HZ outlet. I checked my richard grey and it runs 120V 60HZ.