anyone in the NYC metro

I am interested in a pice of equipment that the seller does not have the box anymore and does not want to ship the preamp. . Anyone in the NYC metro area that can possibly pick it up, box and ship it if I can arrage it?
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.

Comments

• stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Im not necessarily in the NYC area, but i could be convinced to make a trip! Im a few hours out but am always up for an adventure.
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Thanks!!! Let me see if the guy still has it for sale and if he would also be willing to do it.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Dang bro, your mirroring Mr. Wagner with all the pre's your rolling. lol What caught your eye ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    edited February 2017
    that may be an slp-05 is my guess, yep she's gone........
  • erniejade
    dehavilland ultraverve 3
  • erniejade
    Yep I'm a sick SOB LOL
  • erniejade
    RC I did see that 05 for I think it was 3800.
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Glad to see you having some fun
  • erniejade
    LOL Hopefully, we shall see. I sent the seller an email and waiting to hear back.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    erniejade wrote: »
    dehavilland ultraverve 3

A worthy chase imho.....haven't heard it myself but most seem to love the snot out of them. I thought for sure you would go after the Mac pre in the FM.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • erniejade
    edited February 2017
    Nope, I have heard that mac before and with stock and rolled tubes, I like the 150 better. I only wanted to ask that question for the next potential buyer since the tubes have some age on them and the seller didn't say how old the tubes were or if they were stock.

Marv on the Backert review thread is the one that got me interested in one. Believe it or not, when the 150 came up, there was Ultra 3 for sale at the same time. I chose the 150 but, I still want to get my ears on a U3.
  • erniejade
    It looks like hes on board if I can find someone to pick it up, box it since he doesn't have the original boxes and ship it to me.

I might call the company and see how much it would cost to get a proper box shipped out to the seller....
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 715
    edited February 2017
    WagnerRC wrote: »
    that may be an slp-05 is my guess, yep she's gone........

Who had an SLP 05??? I'm missing out these deals, fill me in, you guys searching craigslist?
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited February 2017
    DSkip, you normally give the most excellent advice, but I have a feeling that if that route is taken, it'll turn into a PFB saga. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • erniejade
    He got back to me today. With his lifestyle, he does not have the time to ship it out so he said a local pick up is fine.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    erniejade wrote: »
    He got back to me today. With his lifestyle, he does not have the time to ship it out so he said a local pick up is fine.

What kind of lifestyle is that?

GL with the new pre!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound