PSB 2B's . Picked up a pair tonight

Options
Dabutcher
Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
In a little rough shape . But drivers are in great condition. I found about a cup or two of dry rice inside one of them and not the other? I find that pretty strange. The C8 center I picked up has rice in it too? I have found a bowl full of weed behind a woofer before but this is the first time for rice? Maybe someone kept a stash of something in there that he wanted to keep nice and dry? Any ideas? They have great reviews and sound nice and laid back so far........wprydmzzhtnc.jpeg
Thanks. D
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Yo' bruh, can I have my stash back ;)

Having open front ports there ain't no telling about the rice...wedding, disgruntled house wife, who knows
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    How do they sound?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    Mice. I've seen it before. Don't axe me how.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    Mice stash dry rice? Where are they getting it? Opening up boxes of rice a roni? lol
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    Should be sweet little speakers. Psb has a special place in my heart
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • OldSchoolPolk
    Options
    I had a pair for 15 years and loved them. The tweeter finally blew and psb wanted $90 for a replacement. The mid-woofer is odd in that its shape requires you to replace it with a factory 6.5, which again are oddly expensive. But, the sound for the money was tough to beat! Enjoy!
    HT: Marantz NR-1603, Oppo 981, Def Tech SM55, SVS PB-1000
    BR: iPad Mini, Audio Engine A5+
    2C: Parasound ZDAC V.2, Sony DA80ES, Sony XDR-F1HD, SVS Prime Tower, JSE .6 Infinite Slope
    Office: MBAir, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, JBL LSR-308
    Projects: Polk RTA12, Polk Monitor 7, Revox B225CD, BIC 3-TM
  • Dabutcher
    Options
    Using them in the bedroom rig for now. Paired with my Pioneer SX-750 , they sound pretty sweet . Cabinets are a little dinged up . Maybe I need to find where they sell that black paint? Paid $25.00 with my senior discount and got the matching center for another $12.50 . Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I read this as dry ice. Better get some coffee. :#
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Sharpies work in a pinch.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Strange on the Rice... Yep they are detailed, not missing anything on top but a hair on the laidback side of things. Very pleasing sounding I thought when I heard them.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Dabutcher
    Options
    Don Knox was right. C8 center I bought had rice and dog food and a dime stashed inside that I had to vacuum out. Thanks. D