AURALiC

DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,901
So after hearing great things about the Mini and having already been interested in their line, I reached out to them and things are going well. I should be bringing in the Aries Mini, Aries, Altair, and Vega. Looking forward to getting my hands on them. The Aries is about the sexiest component I've seen.

I'm hoping to have them in by Friday, but we will see.

Comments

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 6,841
    I'm looking to buy a Node 2 or Mini in a month, keep us updated.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 8,942
    I have had the Auralic Vega for about 2-3 years. However, it now is in the HT, and I haven't used it for music since June. It is a great DAC though. It replaced my Bryston BDA-2.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 3,631
    I was on the fence for a streamer between an Auralic Aries or a Lumin for a while. I think the Auralic makes some great sounding stuff.
    @Nightfall , for the price, I would go with the mini over the blue. The Node 2 on my rig shrank the sound stage. You have SDA, a shrinking soundstage you might not like. Are you going to use an external DAC?
    Perhaps in the future I'll get a DAC but not for now. Appreciate the advice.
  • factorzfactorz Posts: 317
    I just picked up a used Mini a few weeks ago. Coming from a SB Touch I wouldn't say it was a huge leap. The Tidal integration is really nice and can handle the new "masters" stuff which is cool. I do wish it had more streaming choices since I miss having access to Live Music Archive.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,408
    Hehe, Nightfall has upgraditis :) ;)
    Bought a pair of Skylan stands last night, new speakers soon, and something to stream Tidal to my stereo. Then I'm done for a while. I can stop whenever I want, I swear.
    Can you go 2 months without buying an album?
    No.
    edited February 14
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Can you go 2 months without buying an album?

This is how I justified the cost of Tidal. I told my wife, if I don't buy a cd ( usually mofi remasters or audio fidelity) a month, it would cover the cost of Tidal.

• kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,066
    I was interested in the Mini until I found out I had to have an apple product to utilize it's interface. I went and braved the lines at Christmas to get an iPad mini when they were on sale for 2 bills only to take it back a couple of weeks later just for the intent of purchasing a Mini. Just can't bring myself to get a product that has to be tied to a mac.
    Is the iPod Touch supported or just the phones and tablets?
    edited February 14
    If you can load the app then it should be supported

Thinking out loud it may need a certain IOS version or newer that is needed to support the app

@dskip...your potential customer support is needed...hehehe

@Nightfall So i guess the first question is what iOS are you running on your iPod

Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/devialet-spark/id887436741?mt=8
    I bought an Ipad on the forum here a while ago. The only reason why I bought it was to run audio.

• halohalo Posts: 3,508
    A lot of good feedback on these and having Skip as a rep = fabuloso!
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,370
    WTG Skip!

Ipod touch should work, see if you can download the app.

I got lucky and got my Sister's hand me down Ipad B)
    10. Something or other, latest.
    Is it called Lightning DS? I can open that. I asked because Tidal doesn't support casting ONLY with the iPod Touch, makes zero sense because it's basically the same hardware as iPhone 6
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,370
    edited February 14
    yes the Auralic app is called Lightning DS.

I have a Ipod touch with a dead battery, as soon as i can get it charged up and the app loaded I will try it out. may take me a day to get back with you about it.
    I don't know...any company that shuns Android apps is suspect in my book. Probably a bunch of communists! Human paraquats, as the Dude would say.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,901
    Probably not a shun as it is just not developed. Besides, most tablet use I've seen for audio consists of iPads, so iOS apps make a lot more sense to invest in.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 8,942
    Of course Sony only seems to support Android on their TVs.
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Of course Sony only seems to support Android on their TVs.

Well that's it, never buying a Sony product again
    My understanding of it is that they tried to develop an Android app, had problems with it over and over and decided to give up on it.
  • Joey_VJoey_V Posts: 5,701
    DSkip wrote: »
    So after hearing great things about the Mini and having already been interested in their line, I reached out to them and things are going well. I should be bringing in the Aries Mini, Aries, Altair, and Vega. Looking forward to getting my hands on them. The Aries is about the sexiest component I've seen.

In person it's a lot smaller than I thought it would have been. The Aries.

edited February 15
    It is small. The Aries, Mini, Node, Lumin, all look bigger in pictures vs what it looks like on your rack.

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,308
    Joey_V wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »

In person it's a lot smaller than I thought it would have been.

• lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,022
    edited February 15
    erniejade wrote: »
    It is small. looks bigger in pictures vs what it looks like on your rack.

So many juvenile comebacks can be said here.......