Anyone know how long it takes to receive tweeters from Polk?

Options
I am at an apartment complex and I have heard that they use UPS for their shipping. UPS doesn't notify us when they drop off a package so I will have to call the front office daily to find out if they came in.

I got the free shipping, I have heard it is 3-5 day shipping. Is this correct? Does anyone know how long it usually takes to ship it out of the warehouse?

Thanks in advance!
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Why don't you just wait 5 days, then drop by the front desk to check instead of bugging them daily as shipping times vary for any number of reasons.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• codycatalist
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Why don't you just wait 5 days, then drop by the front desk to check instead of bugging them daily as shipping times vary for any number of reasons.

One word... Anxious

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I hate these math problems!
    Are you going by train, plane or walking? :*
  • codycatalist
    Options

A combination of all 3 as a matter of fact. ;)

• codycatalist
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »

A combination of all 3 as a matter of fact. ;)

Walking in a plane carried by a train?

Yes... just yes. I have no idea how you knew, must be psychic. :)

• codycatalist
    Options
    Well I guess this thread doesn't matter anymore. go6lpg1le8cd.jpg

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Tweeter looks crooked. ;)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

Why mess with my ocd like that @Nightfall

• codycatalist
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

I've read its for proper dispersion off axis. :p

• codycatalist
    Options
    Getting a little buzz from the new tweets that wasn't there with the 2000s. Breaking in? Only happens on certain frequencies.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Took some break in for me. A lot easier for me to listen to RDOs.
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Took some break in for me. A lot easier for me to listen to RDOs.

Have had them playing for a couple of hours or so. They are definitely laid back compared to the 2000, just hoping the buzz eventually runs it's course.

• F1nut
    Options
    There should not be any sort of buzz. It seems you got one or two defective tweeters.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• codycatalist
    Options
    There should not be any sort of buzz. It seems you got one or two defective tweeters.

I honestly feel something might be off. On certain piano notes I'll get a slight resonant buzz, when I isolate the sound of the tweeter I get almost vinyl like grain and pop in the background.

Considering this is my initial experience I wasn't quite sure what was normal upon installation.

• codycatalist
    Options
    Damn looks like I'm gonna have to send them back. Put a 2000 back in and no same buzz, only other way I can describe it is it sounds like it is a little muffled and grainy like sand is in tweeter (as odd as that sounds).

• F1nut
    Options
    Is it both or just one?

President of Club Polk

• codycatalist
    Options
    Is it both or just one?

Sadly both.

• F1nut
    Options
    That is odd. Maybe they got a bad batch in this time. I seem to recall someone commenting about a problem with theirs.

Give them a call tomorrow, I'm sure they will make it right.

President of Club Polk

• codycatalist
    Options
    Yeah I have no doubt they will rectify it. Kind of a bummer but I understand some things slip through the cracks.

• codycatalist
    Options
    @F1nut you by any chance remember where I can find the mention of issues with the Rd0? If possible I'd like to ask them some questions to see if their issue like mine.

• F1nut
    Options
    Nah, I'm old and lucky to remember if I wiped.

President of Club Polk

• codycatalist
    Options
    Nah, I'm old and lucky to remember if I wiped.

haha! Had to ask.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi codycatalist,
    It's probably best to get in contact with Kim Jasper, Polk's CS manager. You can email him at: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com or via telephone to: 1-800-377-7655 extension 5208. In the meantime I'll let him know there's someone who received two replacement tweeters that seem to be defective.
    Regards, Ken
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Hi codycatalist,
    It's probably best to get in contact with Kim Jasper, Polk's CS manager. You can email him at: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com or via telephone to: 1-800-377-7655 extension 5208. In the meantime I'll let him know there's someone who received two replacement tweeters that seem to be defective.
    Regards, Ken

Thanks for the tip Ken. I will shoot them an email sometime today.

• codycatalist
    Options
    Let me just say Kim is great!

Sent one email listing the problem and what I did to troubleshoot, I was expecting to get a reply for more troubleshooting steps but instead got an email showing them sending out another pair.

Thanks @KennethSwauger for the assistance.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    and that my friends is Polk! Good to hear. :)
  • codycatalist
    Options
    and that my friends is Polk! Good to hear. :)

I've spoken to technical support before a couple times but mostly to gather model number of drivers. This was my first experience with an issue and coming from a customer service field it was absolutely amazing service.

Go Polk!