Lexicon Mc12 Ubalanced V5.25 Vrs Sony Ep-9000es v1.8 Processors

Options
dafirst
dafirst Posts: 20
edited February 2017 in 2 Channel Audio
I have been asking questions about regarding Lexicon products. There are lots of hypes for them and I decided to give them a try. I first purchase the Mc-1 and I was totally disappointed as my Sony ep9es blew it away. I got rid of it. Upon having Polk Rt12, I upgraded to Sony ep9000es and wanted more for 2 channel stereo. Prior to owing the Polks, I had Mordaunt short bookshelf speakers and also a Parasound Halo C2. The Sound was Amazing but my sub was Bic America 12. I loved the Parasound but the seller didn't add remote to it and was also very rude. I had wanted to keep it but due to the seller's arrogance, I filed for item not as described on ebay and I won. Since he didn't mention on his listing that the item doesn't come with remote. After that, I had Rotel 1068, Arcam Avp 700 and all of them didn't satisfy my ear as I wanted to see my speaker cones vibrating like my previous bookshelf speakers use to do. I reading reviews all over, I also tumble upon the Lexicon Mc with it bells and whistles. I had Classe & Krell in mind too but they are too pricey for my budget and one thing I hate about the Krell was lack of Volume knob control. I was lucky to come across the Lexicon Mc-12 for $510 and I grabbed it. After installation, I find it to be sweeter in sound than the sony and also a bit wider soundstage but I cranked it all up till end and I barely noticed any louder or cone shaking RTi12. Unlike the Sony, I can't go beyond -22 and you could how loud and kicking it is. Without Subwoofer in 2 channel, the Lexicon is garbage. When I set the speakers to large on the Sony without a Sub, you will be amazed. My friend and her husband were amazed when I told them it's only the Polk without a Sub. He touched the cone of my SVS ultra 13 to make sure it's not moving. If I could get the Sony with software version 3. I will be glad to grab it. But I love cosmetic looks as well. Wish I could get one in silver which is very hard to. My last option to upgrade will be the Classe ssp 60-70. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint too.. Forgot to mention I had an emotive Umc-200 too.

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Options
    Reading that actually hurt....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Reading that actually hurt....

......like eating ice cream too fast!

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!