Thanks Unkle Jesse

littlewoodboats
littlewoodboats Posts: 823
edited February 2017 in Vintage Speakers
I saw you refer to yourself this way in another thread so could not help myself. If it bugs you tell me and I promise to quit. For now you can be Unkle Jesse

I made mention of this in another thread but wanted to thank you personally for taking the time to help me choose the Shotgun S3's.

The difference in clarity is huge which in turn improved every aspect of the soundstage. The depth I was missing has greatly improved.

Thanks again for taking your time to talk me through the choice and purchase.

Now that the butt kissing is done I have a couple of questions.

1. Does the frequency being transmitted have any effect on how it travels down a speaker cable? Do the highest frequencies travel down wire at a different rate than the lowest?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• I have been reading at the MIT site. The new (used) cables did exactly what you said they would. It comes as no surprise that Melody hears the difference more than me. She loves them.

She both thanks and curses you

I am for crap with reviews but my first impression is of greater clarity. I have gained some of the depth I was lacking with the Signal Cables. Frank is awesome but this is a whole new level.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    I'm glad they have worked out for you and Melody. Like everything else in this hobby, synergy is key and for some MIT doesn't work or isn't the sound they like, but for others it doesn't get any better.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Congrats LWBs!

New or used?
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Ha. I only remember Jesse being called Grampa......never uncle.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Congrats LWBs!

New or used?

Thank you, we are enjoying them. The pair I bought were pre owned. I believe the S3's have been discontinued.

I always got the concept of synergy but it can be difficult to chase on a tight budget.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    He's been called a lot of things over the years, lol

Glad he helped get you on a good path. More to your question, I believe it's the cable itself that dictates how the frequencies are transmitted. Different build, metallurgy, insulating, connectors, twisted or solid core, and other things will play a part in the flow of that signal. Some have a filtering effect which makes them sound more recessed, while others sound like you took your thumb off the end of a garden hose because the music just flows with more dynamics. It's not just wire as some might profess, more to it than that.

In any event, glad your diggin' them. Enjoy
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • littlewoodboats
    littlewoodboats Posts: 823
    edited February 2017
    The girls went to troll garage sales so I had time to play. The new cables in regard to my tinnitus are no different than the old cables.

I am not sure why I expected it to be different but thought maybe. I have however been able to narrow the q of the parametric modules from third octave to sixth. I only use the one module per channel for above 80 hz.