Took delivery of my 3rd and final system but a problem

Comments

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    edited February 2017
    Nightfall wrote: »
    No, THIS is what I want and if I don't get it here's how you're going to get screwed anyhow.

You certainly don't eff around. I feel bad for the guy.

Ok, thanks for that. I am sure that's exactly what I intended when I purchased an item for 8/10 but received something different.

When half of the responses have been just ship it back... I am giving him an option to let me keep it.

And I'm the bad guy? Thanks bro

Next time I'll just play possum and let someone else screw me over.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    It's getting hot in here... :neutral:
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    It's getting hot in here... :neutral:
    Nah, it's cool. Just a little disagreement. No biggie.

We can't all agree otherwise it'd be boring.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited February 2017
    I'm not saying you're a bad guy, Joey. The language you used is going to come off to him as very stand off'ish though. "If you don't comply" sounds like a terrorist/hostage situation or something rather a customer trying to come to an amicable agreement. Kindness will get you further than aggressive ultimatums. Catch more flies with honey than vinegar... all that jazz.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • It would be one thing if the stand merely had a "chip" in it.
    It has, though, a couple of good "chips", one nasty (IMO) crack, and here's something else: The one corner appears too have a bit of a melt factor going for it. It's hard to tell from the pic but that doesn't appear to be just a ding with some fraying. It looks like something hot was laid on/dropped on it.

No, it's not a case of "If you lay on the ground in front of it at a 33 degree angle and look at it with infrared lightiing, you can kind of see something".
    Nope.
    And that isn't, IMO, any shipping damage. (not a big fan of foam peanuts).

Seller pay up or buyer give back and seller eat it.

.... and no soup for him !
    Sal Palooza
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I'm not saying you're a bad guy, Joey. The language you used is going to come off to him as very stand off'ish though. "If you don't comply" sounds like a terrorist/hostage situation or something rather a customer trying to come to an amicable agreement. Kindness will get you further than aggressive ultimatums. Catch more flies with honey than vinegar... all that jazz.

Gotcha, now I understand.

Here is the actual email (he first apologizes that he was not able to reply to my emails for 24h):

"No worries about yesterday's blackout, that's what happens to me sometimes too.

$250 is a start.

Here's my thoughts.
    $100 for the speakers not in 8/10.
    $300 for the stands that are not really saleable.

Shipping them back to you will cost another $100, if you sell and pay for shipping again that's another $100. Plus you'll be listing it a significant discount, maybe $1500 plus PayPal fees etc.

It's not worth the drama and hassle and what happens if it arrives in even worse condition?

As you can see, I was nice.
  • Joey_V
    He responded. He would do $300.
  • Joey_V wrote: »

You could have the stand repaired for that with money left over for enough beer to forget it had ever been damaged. How is the B&W logo done? If this stand is still available have you contacted B&W to see if a new base might be available?
  • Joey_V
    Atleast the Rotel stack made it safe and sound. 6fvjdcl6eh01.jpeg
    j26r0posrdt1.jpeg
    aahw9uigrbha.jpeg
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V wrote: »

You could have the stand repaired for that with money left over for enough beer to forget it had ever been damaged. How is the B&W logo done? If this stand is still available have you contacted B&W to see if a new base might be available?

Already did and nothing.

I think I'll wait for a pair of stands to pop up and they will be my back up minty stands as I don't plan on reselling these. I'll just use these stands as my ding stands
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Welcome back the B&W family.
  • befuddle
    befuddle Posts: 126
    Is there some special engineering deployed in the construction of these stands that would prove difficult to duplicate? I can understand how having the matching stands would contribute to the resale value but I can also see how having them custom remade in the original style using a high end veneer with a quality finish or even a polished out in black could prove to be just as or more so aesthetically pleasing than the original,and there by retain or even increase the resale value for those that can appreciate the workmanship
  • Joey_V
    Willow wrote: »
    Welcome back the B&W family.

Glad to be back thanks! The Sonus faber in this house is a little... Romantic and suave. I need something a little more fish and chips and not spaghetti in basil and olive oil sometimes.
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    ffft1r16t4j6.jpeg
    uguluv6havyo.jpeg
    I like the metal couplings and the branding, it just looks cool
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704

There it is.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    F1nut wrote: »

There it is.

I make no bones about it Jesse
  • Joey_V
    Some initial thoughts, the Sonus Fabers sound better than the BW PM1. By quite a bit actually. Still good little dynamite speakers.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Isn't the Sonus Faber Olympica 3 like 13K retail?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    erniejade wrote: »
    Isn't the Sonus Faber Olympica 3 like 13K retail?

Yeah, it's not the same ballpark... but I just wanted to share my thoughts about how much better one sounded than the other at that moment in time, while I had both on at the same time and I was posting on here.

Of course, it's because one is $3300, the other is $13,500... my comment was more of a "wow" moment, rather than a comparison because they are not in the same price level.

Maybe I just like the SF sound afterall... even more than certain BW speakers that I seem to gravitate to.
  • Joey_V
    Final update:

Took the $300, I thought about shipping it back but a local friend of mine said that he has dibs on it at full price in case I choose to move on, find a better condition PM1, or if I choose to sell for whatever reason.

So, I got lucky, he's just waiting in the wings and ready any time. Same guy who bought my Classe CAM600 monoblocks.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    congrats! that works.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Joey_V
    edited February 2017
    Sub or no sub?

I have this in the garage waiting...

kub54juy3kwx.jpeg

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Joey not sure what you got there but I am pretty sure you should have taken it out of the box before you plugged it in.

Where there's smoke there's fire
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Joey_V
    Lol
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Sub or no sub?

kub54juy3kwx.jpeg

Is that what I think it is?
  • If there are no punch holes or major dings in the box, and the foam is intact, the damage was caused prior to shipping. Then, your choices are simple; a/ cut your losses and file a full claim as you have clear recourse, taking a hit on return shipping. Or b/ accept the cosmetic damage (assuming none of the drivers are faulty) and move on.
  • Joey_V
    Willow wrote: »
    Sub or no sub?

kub54juy3kwx.jpeg

Is that what I think it is?

What do you think it is bud?
  • Joey_V
    Bodhi wrote: »
    If there are no punch holes or major dings in the box, and the foam is intact, the damage was caused prior to shipping. Then, your choices are simple; a/ cut your losses and file a full claim as you have clear recourse, taking a hit on return shipping. Or b/ accept the cosmetic damage (assuming none of the drivers are faulty) and move on.

ONly problem with making a claim is you lose the stands. Atleast with our agreement, I get to keep the stands for 3/4 of what fedex would've paid out since we had the stand box insured for $400.