Something new for you vinyl freaks ~ LOVE

Options
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,117
    Options
    Looks like it would crack the records up too.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    Here I thought you were spreading some love to the forum. What drugs is he on?!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    edited February 2017
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    ..... >:)

Wuss... :D>:)o:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,042
    Options
    Now (dammit, Jim!) -- I'm no physicist... but...
    If you were gonna engineer a thing to rotate around on a record, wouldn't you make it rotate with its center of rotation -- in the center of the thing?

It's not so good when things rotate about an off center point.

Plus, by the time that gizmo gets towards the end of the rekkid, the groove radius is pretty tight. Things must get interesting around about the lead-out groove.

Plus, others on other fora have mentioned the peril of passing kittehs. Kittehs like to bat stuff that moves.

I'm just sayin', you know?
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2017
    Options
    they put them tail rotors on helicopters for a reason, you know? : :*
    https://youtu.be/hnK9bGCvYtU

torque (and/or precession) -- it's a momma.

Imagine playing the infamous Telarc LP version of their digitally recorded 1812 Overture on that "Love" thingy. It'd be fun to see.

1812Overture-1.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2017
    Options
    sorry I am obsessing about this ;)

Love, meet your Waterloo --

lR5fyto.jpg

i.e., Love's equivalent of the Jet Engine Test

A7PI2uP.jpg
  • Nightfall
    Options
    The funny thing about it is it takes an analog signal and turns it into Bluetooth lossy... what a waste.

• mhardy6647
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    The funny thing about it is it takes an analog signal and turns it into Bluetooth lossy... what a waste.

I guess we can just hope that it starts out with a cr@ppy analog signal, so there's less to lose.

Maybe it'll come with the buyer's choice of a surplus Astatic ceramic or crystal cartridge for it?

PS the designers seem to be pretty successful with their kickstarter campaign(!)
  • Nightfall
    edited February 2017
    Options
    So... analog audio turned digital then cut to LP in analog then turned Bluetooth by this thing then turned back to analog again for the speakers?

• nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    I have that Telarc 1812, it's awesome!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    Options
    "Easy to transport."
    Ok but the media is still heavy as he'll.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    So dum.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    So dum.
    Says the guy who can't spell DUMB.... >:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    No. That's how dumb this thing is...it's the D-U-M kind of dumb. Come on man.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Laugh now, but they will make a fortune marketing it as a
    record cleaner for lazy people.
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    This really cracks me up.

They had me at "maintains pops and cracks". :)

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    I just love the sound of analog to lossy digital.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    nspindel wrote: »
    I have that Telarc 1812, it's awesome!

I've never owned a copy -- I've also probably yet to own a tt/arm/cartridge that woudl track the booms.

i.e., it's probably best as well.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I just love the sound of analog to lossy digital.

OK -- how about some lossy analog(ue)? ;)
    12180944206_b02b0b171d_b.jpg8trackin by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

14191384744_b48fba5086_b.jpgyorxie4 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

auratonesad.jpg

the Horrortones ;)
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Someone needs to get one of these and report back with a through review, someone anyone?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    No. That's how dumb this thing is...it's the D-U-M kind of dumb. Come on man.

DUM as in "derp" :neutral:
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    It reminds me of the can opener for old people, such as myself, that spins around the can on its own and cuts the lid off...but probably doesn't work very well.
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    Options
    I saw a toy car that does the same thing on "American Pickers".
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma