NHT 2.5

Local CL find. Looks to be in great condition. Asking 100. Speakers made in 1995. The few reviews I have found in them pertain to the 2.5i which had the upgraded xover. Your thought? Grab it? Avoid it?
Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    I had a pair of 2.5, and I regret letting them go to this day. The have very smooth sound, top to bottom - they won't shake the foundation bass wise, but they are extremely listenable. I even bought a pair of the 2.5i off CL, but they were not near as good as the "non i"... the 2.5 should have a black silk tweeter - the "i" has an aluminum (I think - may be titanium) - anyway, an emphatic yes from me... I'd pay $300 for another pair in a second.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Ok. Thanks guys. I'm in route to go check them out. I'll let you guys know tonight or tomorrow.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I believe more than a few folks here have had those at one time or another, none of them had a bad thing to say about them. For the C note, I'd say scoop 'em up.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Just got back home with them. I won't have time to hook them up and neither did the couple I bought them from. Cosmetically I'll give it a 8/10. A small nick on the bottom cabinet and portion of the grill stubs are broken off. They are a little dusty too. Hope they surpass my nht classic 2 bookies.

• Had it in the garage hooked up to a yamaha receiver. Initial impression is that the mid range is the strong suit. Tweeter is in the bright side but not overbearing. This will be going into my 2 channel build. It will consist of the nht 2.5, oppo 103, parasound pre amp and parasound 1500a, mit interconnect, wireworld powercords, and audioquest speaker cables. I think I will enjoy it for many more years to come.

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Nice! Congrats!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    Great score! Hope they bring you years of enjoyment.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Congrats, enjoy.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Nice pickup. I've got NHT 1.3A in my bedroom rig and enjoy them a lot.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited February 2017
    I had the 2.5i and really liked them. They were really well made and sounded good but paled in comparison to my 3.3's. Well once you get them set up right with the right amp, kind of a pain but worth it. NHT makes some really nice stuff. If the anti diffracting foam is bad, if these have any, let me know, I can make most of the NHT foam.
    Great score though.
  • cfrizz wrote: »
    Congrats, enjoy.

Congrats on your new polk also.

• zarrdoss wrote: »
    I had the 2.5i and really liked them. They were really well made and sounded good but paled in comparison to my 3.3's. Well once you get them set up right with the right amp, kind of a pain but worth it. NHT makes some really nice stuff. If the anti diffracting foam is bad, if these have any, let me know, I can make most of the NHT foam.
    Great score though.

Anti detracting foam?

• zarrdoss
    zarrdoss Posts: 2,562
    edited February 2017
    zarrdoss wrote: »
    Great score though.

Anti detracting foam?

u245ftjvwloq.jpg

The foam strip next to the tweeter. yours might not have any stock, the 2.5i did but not too sure about yours. This picture are some I made, the stock ones get brittle and gummy over time and will fall apart. They need to be replaced, NHT does not have them anymore,
  • zarrdoss wrote: »
    zarrdoss wrote: »
    Great score though.

Anti detracting foam?

u245ftjvwloq.jpg

The foam strip next to the tweeter. yours might not have any stock, the 2.5i did but not too sure about yours. This picture are some I made, the stock ones get brittle and gummy over time and will fall apart. They need to be replaced, NHT does not have them anymore,

Yea the 2.5 didn't have those.