SDA upgrade thread 2

Options

Comments

• honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Options
    Should I put some Dynamat on the transformer itself or just the case?
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    4tsa2vahdzqa.jpg

Okay so the trial fitment works. Now for the Dynamat when I get home from work.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    You need a universal remote :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    3owvdv3yk3g4.jpg

I still have plenty of black screws for the Neutrik Speakons if anyone doesn't like the way their silver screws look on them
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

The Onkyo remote for my pre-pro is a universal and is programmed to operate everything. No universal can control ALL of the functions of each device though and none will operate a TiVo. :s:p
  • txcoastal1
    Options

The Onkyo remote for my pre-pro is a universal and is programmed to operate everything. No universal can control ALL of the functions of each device though and none will operate a TiVo. :s:p

I beg to differ my friend, my RTi runs my entire system, and it's nearly 8 years old. I didn't even have to change the programming when i upgraded to the Romio class of Tivo's
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• honestaquarian
    Options

I beg to differ my friend, my RTi runs my entire system, and it's nearly 8 years old. I didn't even have to change the programming when i upgraded to the Romio class of Tivo's

Okay I stand corrected.
    I too have a Roamio and my Onkyo does not operate it. I prefer the RF remote that I bought for the Roamio anyway. This is all off thread subject though....

• txcoastal1
    Options
    swlasktbtrf5.jpg

• honestaquarian
    Options
    I just cannot get over how big this bloody transformer is!!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    I just cannot get over how big this bloody transformer is!!

Current man

• txcoastal1
    edited April 2017
    Options
    SDA upgrade thread 2

February 10 edited February 10 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks

As the World Turns....one screw at a time :)

• honestaquarian
    Options
    Trey says he'll be getting the remaining components for my crossover this coming week,so............................
  • txcoastal1
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Trey says he'll be getting the remaining components for my crossover this coming week,so............................

Just bustin'daBalls man B)

https://youtu.be/rTyN-vvFIkE

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    You don't need the template. The holes are already where they should be, you simply drill them out a little larger.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• honestaquarian
    Options
    Thanks to all who made this transformer group buy the largest ever!! I can't wait until I finish my upgrades (*at this pace in a month or maybe two*) and hear the results. I'll be blogging it all here.
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    km7rwl22ryll.jpg
    wm7m5rnrlbsy.jpg
    jz5rdic2ea2o.jpg

MAN this stuff is STICKY (*and YES I probably used more than I should have ;) *)
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Now off to the hardware store (*AGAIN*) to get the proper connectors for the wiring...........
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    advanced auto carries gold plated cheap
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    cvqxdxgh3zbg.jpg

Gotta clean the surface first (*YES that's an Amway product! :p *)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    You know you can post more than 1 picture per post? Gets really long an monotonous scrolling, when it can all be placed in a short, well written single post w/multiple pics.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    You know you can post more than 1 picture per post? Gets really long an monotonous scrolling, when it can all be placed in a short, well written single post w/multiple pics.

H9

Complain
    Complain

I just can't please you people :'(:'(:'( TITO!!!
  • honestaquarian
    Options
    Ya know @heiney9 you are always free to start your own thread if mine is too long and monotonous.............. :s;)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    What are you talking about?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Nightfall
    Options
    This is how everyone posts.

• Nightfall
    Options
    Jeeze

• honestaquarian
    edited April 2017
    Options
    u711xnoviisy.jpg

ANYWAY take note of the grouping of the wiring and which side it's going to. Thanks to @VR3 for showing me what goes where. Now to find some connectors!
This discussion has been closed.