Joule Electra Preamp owners?

Options
12346»

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,081
    Options
    I have lots of experience with RCA tubes, just not the 6350 tube.

All the RCA's I own are excellent tubes, not always best in class so to speak, but very consistent sound which tends to have a large soundstage, nice mids and a little rounded bass.

But within tube designations those characteristics change a bit. The 5814 and 12AU7 sound different even though the 5814 is just a ruggedized version, but the structure is different. It's a little more focused, less round bass and I've never had a microphonic one, but it happens.

I don't think you will disappointed with any early RCA tube, but each designation will have its own character.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 718
    Options
    I purchased the RCA 6350 above just to roll it in the phono stage of the Joule...We'll see how it changes the flavor when I get it...
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    The hope the auction was won by one of the members here.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    No kidding that went for a good price!!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Joule
    fever :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I didn't know there was a 450 platinum version, Bob has some thinking to do, lol.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    That 450 platinum just sold on the gon in the last month of so.