Joule Electra Preamp owners?

Options

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    No K on that one either LOL Good price.
    I didn't know the 100 didn't have 2 outputs normally? I also wonder if the "
    buffer" output is something more to it than a 2nd output.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    Because Triple X is associated with P-O-R-N?

Big deal, ya know.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    footwedge wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I had my Joule. I thought it had MK on the plate, but maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps since everyone refers to them as Mark **** I assumed it was on the plate. Regardless, the models are Mark ****.

What made you let her go?

I wasn't using that rig, so I sold it off.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
    Ok, who bought it? Congrats if its a member here
  • F1nut
    Options
    It went to a very good home and stayed in the family.

President of Club Polk

• WagnerRC
    Options
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Mine has LA 100/MIII-206, so, I've obviously been duped and sold a Chinese knockoff as well. Dang, hope I can unload this piece of crapola on some unsuspecting clod.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    $5
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • erniejade
    Options
    $5.01 and split shipping.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    10 bucks and Tom Brady's jersey ?

OOPS, probably shouldn't have let that cat out of the bag. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    10 bucks and Tom Brady's jersey ?

OOPS, probably shouldn't have let that cat out of the bag. lol

Pending verification of authenticity of actual Super Bowl jersey you have yourself a gosh darn deal.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I have a half eaten bag of Cheetos....
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

Probably has a hole in the bottom, wink, wink, nudge nudge
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options

LMAO....a small hole at that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • footwedge
    footwedge Posts: 475
    edited February 2017
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    Mine has LA 100/MIII-206, so, I've obviously been duped and sold a Chinese knockoff as well. Dang, hope I can unload this piece of crapola on some unsuspecting clod.

Thinking if the "K" had been added to plate, it would've taken a slightly larger name plate and some more paint both adding weight to the unit resulting in less vibration and lower noise floor.

IMO, the "K" was never intended to be part of the model number and whoever transcribed Jud's notes inadvertently added the "K" to represent the abbreviation for Mark. So out of respect for Jud and this fine piece of kit, I've deleted "K" from the model number in my sig and will never reference this unit with it shown.

I'm done, it's the weekend and time for a margarita or four.

Post edited by footwedge on
  • WagnerRC
    Options
    Have a great weekend.
  • lightman1
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

LMAO....a small hole at that.

Tell the missus I said "Hello" ;)
  • F1nut
    edited February 2017
    Options
    footwedge wrote: »
    kharp1 wrote: »

Thinking if the "K" had been added to plate, it would've taken a slightly larger name plate and some more paint both adding weight to the unit resulting in less vibration and lower noise floor.

IMO, the "K" was never intended to be part of the model number and whoever transcribed Jud's notes inadvertently added the "K" to represent the abbreviation for Mark. So out of respect for Jud and this fine piece of kit, I've deleted "K" from the model number in my sig and will never reference this unit with it shown.

I'm done, it's the weekend and time for a margarita or four.

That's ridiculous. The Mark II or Mark III are part of the model numbers regardless if it's printed on the label.

Maybe this will help, note the MK references in the official Joule literature. http://sigsound.com/classic-product-info/joule-electra-info-page/

President of Club Polk

• erniejade
    Options
    My amp goes to 11
  • lightman1
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    My amp goes to 11

$12
  • footwedge
    Options
    [/quote]

That's ridiculous. The Mark II or Mark III are part of the model numbers regardless if it's printed on the label.

Maybe this will help, note the MK references in the official Joule literature. http://sigsound.com/classic-product-info/joule-electra-info-page/[/quote]

No it's not. I never stated that Mark was not part of the model number but believe Jud abbreviated as an M not MK and somehow in the reproduction of his notes the K was added. Go to your link and click on the bullet titled "Joule Electra LA 150MKII Design Goals" and notice in the title that this was produced from Jud's notes. Go to the bottom of this page and see that it states 7 tubes are used which is completely wrong. Could this be the culprit?

Do you really think Jud would have allowed/overlooked the incorrect model no. to be placed on the thousands of units he built and the title sheets of the manual? Find me one picture of a Joule unit where the model no. is shown with MK on the name plate and I will agree M and MK are both what Jud named the units.

• F1nut
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Scroll down to Joule-Electra Product Line Brochure – Circa 2003

Read the print and you'll see Mark III LA-100. Still in doubt, call Signature Sound.

The point is everyone, except you knows and calls them Mark II or III. That alone should be enough.

President of Club Polk

• footwedge
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Scroll down to Joule-Electra Product Line Brochure – Circa 2003

Read the print and you'll see Mark III LA-100. Still in doubt, call Signature Sound.

The point is everyone, except you knows and calls them Mark II or III. That alone should be enough.

Did you read my post? Again, I never said Mark was not part of the product name but that MARK was shown as M on the name plate and not MK. Don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Did you find any pictures that show the model no. as MK?

• F1nut
    Options
    Nope and I corrected myself on that one, but I'm glad to see you agree they are Mark II or III, so there's no point in calling yours just M.

President of Club Polk

• footwedge
    Options
    I'm not calling it just M but showing the model no. in my sig per the name plate on the unit and in the manual which is LA-150MII with M standing for MARK.

Why would anyone what to list the model no. of their unit different than the actual model no. affixed to the unit?

• F1nut
    Options
    Ok, you find me one for sale ad that doesn't say MK II or MK III in the listing.

President of Club Polk

• footwedge
    Options
    You would see one if I decided to let mine go which will never happen. :)

I would have to deduce those listing these ads read SS's transcriptions of Jud's notes.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Thanks, you made my point.

President of Club Polk