Do my Polks match? Center upgrade? New Rears so I stop borrowing?

Options
My Receiver
ch83pk2ucvva.jpg
My Center
rf4v9q71t43o.jpg
My Fronts
eumrsg0lp5ef.jpg
My Sides
fmuyqc210xwe.jpg
My borrowed rear channels from a friend. Pretty sure they are RT25
8zdy9p15kkry.jpg

I also have two Polk505's and an SVS NSD12

Is this system balanced? Would putting in a CS350 center do anything for me? If I were to replace my rears that are borrowed from someone, what would be a good choice?

Answers

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    The center is a timbre match for the fronts and sides.

The rears, I would find a set of Monitor 30s.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • dauber65
    Options
    The CS350 would be a match, or are you saying my existing CS1 is a match which I would assume it is.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    350 is not a match.
  • dauber65
    Options
    Anyone know of the best place to find a decent pair of Polk Monitor 30's?
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    Everything matches save the rear bookies. They are either T-15s or R-15s. Either way I think they are perfectly fine for rears, and tonally shouldn't be much different than your mains. I would spend my coin elsewhere.

As for where to buy M30s, ebay is your answer.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Your speakers match just fine, but a common upgrade that is often suggested here is to move up from the CS1 to the CS2. It is timbre matched now, but in a HT, the center does much of the work and the CS2 is a better center.
  • dauber65
    Options
    The reason I'm asking about the rears is that they are borrowed from a friend. He thought they were RT25, but they are hard to take off the wall, so I didn't want to take it down to look. My thought was to find a good replacement rear set so my entire system would match and give my friend back his RT25's even though he's not in a hurry to get it back. I do understand the center discussion. It is primarily for movies.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    They are not rt25s. But those would work just fine. M30s will probably cost you about as much as rt25s, and the latter are much better speakers. Not perfectly timbre matched, but better speakers.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer