Meridian Sooloos

Options
Who has a Meridian setup?
Im looking for some feedback on the Sooloos gear.
Do you use it with Crestron, Savant, C4, or AMX?
Hows the iPad app and how is it at indexing existing music collections?

https://www.meridian-audio.com/meridian-sooloos/
B&W CM9Classé Sigma

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Don't own one but I've followed them for a long time. Sooloos has been into streaming and software since before it was cool. Their software is probably tops and they spent a long time perfecting it. I would personally have zero concerns about software with them.

Meridian.....is no slouch of a company either. They made sure their hub devices re-clock, good dacs in them, have DSD and MQA capabilities, connections up the ying-yang. With Meridians digital speaker systems and Sooloos software, might be a match made in heaven. Albeit not a match for most wallets. I didn't see pricing anywhere, but I'm pretty sure anything Meridian or Sooloos is going to be big bucks.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • RamZet
    RamZet Posts: 792
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Don't own one but I've followed them for a long time. Sooloos has been into streaming and software since before it was cool. Their software is probably tops and they spent a long time perfecting it. I would personally have zero concerns about software with them.

Meridian.....is no slouch of a company either. They made sure their hub devices re-clock, good dacs in them, have DSD and MQA capabilities, connections up the ying-yang. With Meridians digital speaker systems and Sooloos software, might be a match made in heaven. Albeit not a match for most wallets. I didn't see pricing anywhere, but I'm pretty sure anything Meridian or Sooloos is going to be big bucks.

We're specing a system together and its already over $200,000, I just have zero hands on time with their streaming products yet.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • tonyb
    Options
    200K ? Wow bro. I didn't think big bucks were going to be new house kinda money. I think you could do just as good for a heck of a lot less coin. Is this for a house, business ? What exactly are you looking to do with this streaming system your trying to put together ?

Many other companies have played catch up in the software department and are really pretty good. Hardware side is wide open too now with the popularity of streaming.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    Options
    Roon Labs branched off of Sooloos last year or so?... basically the s/w part of the Sooloos eco system. So you can mix and match hardware, as long as it meets minimum Roon specs. Get the goodness and user experience of the Sooloos GUI while having flexibility and hopefully cost savings on the hardware front.
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • RamZet
    Options
    200K ? Wow bro. I didn't think big bucks were going to be new house kinda money. I think you could do just as good for a heck of a lot less coin. Is this for a house, business ? What exactly are you looking to do with this streaming system your trying to put together ?

Many other companies have played catch up in the software department and are really pretty good. Hardware side is wide open too now with the popularity of streaming.

Yoga Room in a house.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • tonyb
    Options
    RamZet wrote: »

Yoga Room in a house.

....and you were looking at spending 200k ?? How about we start over, with....how big is this Yoga room ? Do you have gear in it already or is this from scratch ? In ceiling, in walls or regular speakers ? What kind of files are you looking to play with this system ? MP3'S, CD QUALITY, Higher rez, DSD ? I assume this is just for casual listening ? Do you want to play the files from a phone, laptop/tablet/PC, Wireless or hard wired ? Do you have an existing wireless connection/router ? Is there a budget in mind ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Options
    Damn. Well, I guess if you can afford a yoga room.....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • tonyb
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »

isn't that a PC term for....brothel ? lol Wait....I thought brothel was PC for....well you know, that kinda house. Wait....thought chicken ranch was PC for.....ahhh never mind. We have PC terms for PC terms that aren't so PC anymore and I can't keep them straight.

Yoga room it is then. Gotcha. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • RamZet
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »

isn't that a PC term for....brothel ? lol Wait....I thought brothel was PC for....well you know, that kinda house. Wait....thought chicken ranch was PC for.....ahhh never mind. We have PC terms for PC terms that aren't so PC anymore and I can't keep them straight.

Yoga room it is then. Gotcha. :)

nope, just a regular old room for Yoga.
    B&W CM9Classé Sigma
  • tonyb
    Options
    Just yankin' your chain bro. Seriously, just casual listening ? Starting from scratch ? Do you have gear you want to use on hand ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's