LSI M703s+2 PSW125s or 2 RTI A9s+1 PSW125

Options
I'm looking at more of a Home Theater/Movie set up with maybe some occasional music and just wondering which would be the best set up. I'm leaning towards the M703s or the A9s. If i get the LSIs then I'll go with two subs and the RTIs just one. Overall what would you guys recommend.

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    The RTI A line is designed for HT, while the LSI M line is more musical.

If you want to go RTI, I would stay away from the A9, unless you budget for a separate amp. Those 3 woofers need a lot of good clean power, and AVR's just aren't up to the task. The higher end AVR's are capable of driving the A7's, but then again a separate amp is recommended.

I would also not recommend those subs. Look to HSU Research or SVS for a sub. There least expensive subs will outperform 2 or 3 of the 125's. A good entry level sub will cost you around $500 to start.

Personally I would start with AVR's: Yamaha Aventage series, Marantz 5xxx or higher, or Pioneer SC series.

For strictly/mostly HT, either the RTI A5's or A7's, with CSI A6 center, CSI A4 if there isn't enough room for the A6.

For sub, either the SVS PB 1000, but PB 2000 would be better, or HSU VTF-2 MK5 or higher.
  • Shane92
    Options
    rpf65 wrote: »
    The RTI A line is designed for HT, while the LSI M line is more musical.

If you want to go RTI, I would stay away from the A9, unless you budget for a separate amp. Those 3 woofers need a lot of good clean power, and AVR's just aren't up to the task. The higher end AVR's are capable of driving the A7's, but then again a separate amp is recommended.

I would also not recommend those subs. Look to HSU Research or SVS for a sub. There least expensive subs will outperform 2 or 3 of the 125's. A good entry level sub will cost you around $500 to start.

Personally I would start with AVR's: Yamaha Aventage series, Marantz 5xxx or higher, or Pioneer SC series.

For strictly/mostly HT, either the RTI A5's or A7's, with CSI A6 center, CSI A4 if there isn't enough room for the A6.

For sub, either the SVS PB 1000, but PB 2000 would be better, or HSU VTF-2 MK5 or higher.

Thanks for the in depth man.

I'm going probably with the Denon AVR-X4300 or Marantz SR-6011and then eventually run two 300w amplifier, one for each of the A9s (once i get the jingle that is) and use my receiver as a pre-amp for them.

My rooms not very big and the price I'll get the PSW125 is kinda why I'm looking at it but I'll definitely look at the other subs.