FS: Polk Audio Monitor 7B's

Options
F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,787
edited February 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I just got these with the intention of using them in the guest bedroom rig. However, the room is audio hell and unfortunately for me these are not going to work out.

These are 7B's with Peerless tweeters. The cabinets are walnut vinyl with a few nicks on the back edges, nothing bad. There are no scratches and the grills are perfect. Overall, they look very nice. The cabinets, drivers and grills have been cleaned. The Polk Audio badges have been polished. The magnets have been secured with Power Grab. The chassis wire has been upgraded from tinned 20 gauge to 16 gauge copper. I used gold plated copper Fastons instead of soldering the leads. The crossovers are stock. Larry's rings are on the way. All connections, binding posts, fuses and fuse holders have been treated with Pro Gold.

These come with one extra of the following. Peerless tweeter, MW6500, 10" PR and grill. There are a pair of stands, but they are not original, are really too short and they aren't in the best condition.

Price: $175.00
Payment: PayPal, cash or check if I know you.
Pickup only. I'm in the Baltimore-Washington DC, N. Virginia area.

Hmmmm.....the pics didn't load in the main body, so click on the little pics below.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    Options
    Speaking of rings, I need your address again, you would think I would have saved it by now.. LOL...
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    Options
    Very nice! Serial numbers are very close, a nice matched pair in exceptional condition!
    Carl

• littlewoodboats
    Options
    With the spares someone is going to get a great pair of speakers at this price. Good luck with your sale Jesse.
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    I'm interested. PM on its way.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • F1nut
    Options
    Still available.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    Full size pics....

632jsd6jnmyz.jpg

cxuc657mxcng.jpg

President of Club Polk

• motorhead43026
    Options
    Look really nice, every Polkie needs to own some 7's.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • HzTweaker
    Options
    Thanks @motorhead43026 . My thoughts exactly.. . I tried :p
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    Options
    Wow....really nice pair! what are you guys waiting for. Grab these and get the crossovers upgraded by Dave!
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    Location, location, location... I'd pick them up.... but that's a long drive from TX.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Options
    Hmmm....8 hours away. They are just like the pair I had. New crossovers and you have a great sounding speakers.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Dawgfish
    Dawgfish Posts: 2,554
    Options
    Wow those are in great shape! I have a set of 7bs with some RDO-194s that sound great, but aren't near as nice as those. Someone needs to grab these! If only these were closer! Glwts!
  • F1nut
    Options
    I'm taking these off the market, at least for now. Thanks for your interest.

President of Club Polk

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,313
    Options
    Tease!!!! LOL
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Yeah......yeah. That little voice in my head spoke up and I've learned to listen to it.

President of Club Polk

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hope it wasn't anything I said.....I was actually considering a road trip. :o

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Yeah......yeah. That little voice in my head spoke up and I've learned to listen to it.

Boy that takes all the fun out of life...
    :p
  • F1nut
    Options
    I don't know Ivan, it's kept me alive.

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    Sure enough but back in the day we told that little mf'er to shut up and watch this.
    I hear ya man all in good fun.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Believe me, I know what you're talking about, but when it really mattered, I listened. B)

President of Club Polk