More power cords coming... help decide the configuration

Options
Not as exciting as the Mcintosh C500 coming... but I was able to literally "steal" these 2 power cords away tonight.

Audioquest NRG10
Audioquest NRG4

Got both for $190 which is ridic.

So, I have a question: How should I wire the power units of my system?

I think the NRG4 goes into the Rotel RA1592 integrated.

That leaves me with 3 power cords for 3 units:
1. Emm Labs TSDX Transport
2. Emm Labs DAC2x DAC
3. Cary SLP05 or Mac C500 preamp

Some say start from the top and go down... but I'm not sure of the yield of the transport relative to the Dac and preamp.... of course I will try it myself and figure out the best combo, but I just want to start a conversation while I wait.

Thanks!

AQ Power Cable Line up
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    In my experience I always put my best cord on the pre, or the cord to your power distribution block, then placed the best ones in order of importance. good deal on those power cables. I have an NRG 4 in my theater, it wasn't much to write home about. But the price you paid is a steal, better than stock that's for Sure. The 10 looks very nice! Would like to take that one for a test drive.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    Options
    Audioquest power cords are awesome. My entire system is Audioquest.
    I use the NRG2 , NRGX2 and NRGX3.
    If you buy more power cords for your DAC or transport, check out the X2 and X3 power cords. More affordable and they are more flexible. I don't notice much if any difference in performance.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Thanks Mantis!

I think the last power cord to change is the Boulder, otherwise I have enough.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited January 2017
    Options
    IMO, for power cords, you should not limit scope to AQ. They would be pretty far from the top of my list personally.
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • Joey_V
    Options
    @mikeyb128

I reread my first post and I was not clear, my other 2 power cords are nrgWEL.

So that makes 3 for 3 units.

How to wire?
  • Joey_V
    Options
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    IMO, for power cords, you should not limit scope to AQ. They would be pretty far from the top of my list personally.
    We r doing a shunyata comparo soon.