Speaker Jumper Cables

Options
scubalab
scubalab Posts: 3,101
edited January 2017 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
I have a pair of LSi-7's and an LSi-C that are missing the factory jumper plates. If anyone has some decent jumpers they're willing to part with (prefer spade-spade), I'm looking for 3 pairs.

For now, I'm just going to make some out of some 10 or 12 AWG cable.

Don't need anything super fancy. Let me know if you have anything and a shipped price to 16823, or if anyone can recommend decent (and cost-effective - say $10-$15/pair or less) aftermarket jumpers.

Much appreciated!

-Al

Comments

• scubalab
    Options
    Bump - looking to pick up some jumpers soon. Advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks - Al
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Shoot me a PM with your shipping info and I will whip together a few sets for you.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,576
    Options
    If your speaker cables have spades I'd recommend the jumpers on one side have bananas.
    My .02
  • scubalab
    Options
    Ryan, PM coming - appreciate the gesture!

Ivan, my current speaker cables are terminated with bananas. I suppose I could do one side of the jumpers with bananas, but one side needs to be spades. Any reason why you recommend one side with nanners? Flexibility for different speaker wire terminations?

Thanks,
    -Al
  • quickr1
    quickr1 Posts: 414
    Options
    I would think he said that so you don't have shove 2 sets of spades in terminal and try to tighten them down.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Agreed ^^^

but....10-15 bucks isn't going to snag you high quality, just sayin'. Ideally you want the jumpers to be the same as the speaker cables in brand and series.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • scubalab
    Options
    Understand Tony! These are for the HT fronts and center. The speaker wire I'm running isn't anything spectacular (Belden 10AWG with locking bananas from Blue Jeans Cable). Also, thanks for confirming the reason for spades and nanners for the jumpers Skip.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    quickr1 wrote: »
    I would think he said that so you don't have shove 2 sets of spades in terminal and try to tighten them down.

Yes this.^^^^
    And agree with skip.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Agreed ^^^
    Ideally you want the jumpers to be the same as the speaker cables in brand and series.

Many cable companies don't have matching jumpers for each series. many don't have jumpers at all

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2017
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »
    Agreed ^^^
    Ideally you want the jumpers to be the same as the speaker cables in brand and series.

Many cable companies don't have matching jumpers for each series. many don't have jumpers at all

MIT don't but that didn't stop Jesse. One could always get the wire and make their own. The OP's is very common Belden it's a can do scenario.
    I hear what your saying though.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    MIT makes jumpers. At least they do now, maybe they didn't in the past.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    MIT has always made jumpers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Every time I see the term "jumper cables" on here....the mechanic in me sees this...one day I'll make up a miniature for speakers!

srffv6jwhrd2.jpg

Shiite I use those as speaker cables, quick disconnect, insulated connectors, heavy guage...THEE BOMB!!!!
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I stand corrected. I wasn't aware the did I thought you swung something Jesse
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2017
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Every time I see the term "jumper cables" on here....the mechanic in me sees this...one day I'll make up a miniature for speakers!

srffv6jwhrd2.jpg

Why the need to "miniaturized" most around here would already consider these a little under gauge to begin with.
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why not bi-wire with a second pair of wires matching what you already have? The 4 or 5 real audio engineers I know all are big on bi-wiring when possible. In my Monitor 12.2's I put 4 Cardas short/fat posts in each terminal cup and changed the crossover wiring separating the mid-woofers and tweeters so I could bi-wire them. Something to consider since your speakers are already set up for bi-wire.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    Because using high quality jumpers with high quality speaker cable nets the same results as bi-wiring and likely cost less than two runs of high quality speaker cable.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Because using high quality jumpers with high quality speaker cable nets the same results as bi-wiring and likely cost less than two runs of high quality speaker cable.

Give the man a cigar....bingo !
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • scubalab
    Options
    Additionally, the speaker wire is already built into the walls, so I'd have to pull another cable to each of the front L/R, and that would be tricky... Now, the center I could do that way.
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    Options
    We can make you Bi-wire jumpers if you need them.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com