New toy arrives!

Options
Just received my new Lehmann Audio black cube phono pre. Can't wait to give it a test run this weekend.
Main Rig:
Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
MIT exp 1 ic's
Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
AQ kingcobra ic's
OPPO 83 CDP
Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
ADS L1590/2 Biamped
MIT exps2 speaker cable

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Not familiar with that one, let us know more!
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,386
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Going to set it up Friday and I will have the weekend to experience it's effect on my system. A good friend has one and he highly recommended it to me as he is very familiar with my system. He has assured me it take my vinyl to a new level as it did his. I'm quite excited as vinyl is 95% of my listening. Just hope it lives up to my expections. Reviews are quite favorable (not that I put a lot of value in them) but the referral from a close friend that owns one and is quite familiar with my system is very reassuring as its not a cheep unit but is said to well out proform it s price. I will post results once I get to hear it. It has a lot of flexibility as far as loading capabilities and gain goes and can be custom set for almost any loading by inserting risistors in side also is adjustable from the bottom of the case and includes exterior power supply.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    Stan,

I hope it meets your expectations, and I look forward to reading your comments.

Phil
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• soundfreak1
    Options
    My system has gone through a lot of changes recently with the addition of the ADS L1590's and MC cartridge now the phono pre and soon an upgrade for my TT and higher end MC cartridge is the plan. Everything so far has been moving in the right direction! Knock on wood.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    My system has gone through a lot of changes recently with the addition of the ADS L1590's and MC cartridge now the phono pre and soon an upgrade for my TT and higher end MC cartridge is the plan. Everything so far has been moving in the right direction! Knock on wood.

Well done!

Onward and upward is the goal!
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• soundfreak1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yep now I have to reload the war chest for the next step. And next and the next ect. It never ends it seems.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • soundfreak1
    Options
    Sat down at what was to be an hour to do the first listening session...3 hours later my tounge dried out from my mouth being open too long! WOW! At first impression I'm blown away at the (insert one of many adjectives) sound! Everything I like about the ATOC9ML has been heightened in every category I can think of! I have heard some very expensive phono set ups before at club meeting's and shows ect but never thought I could even approach this level of detail, dynamics, smoothness in MY SYSTEM. just pure bliss. I have been told to just wait till the power supply breaks in and it gets better (can't believe that!) Probably the most impact of a single piece of equipment on my system I have yet tried. I haven't even played with loading values yet. Will be going in for the second session today, I'm a little frightened at what I might hear as it REALLY can't get better? Can it?
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Which specific model did you get ?
  • soundfreak1
    Options
    I got the black cube SE With the external power supply. Retails for 1200 and change picked up on the bay (virtually new) for a hell of a lot less.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • soundfreak1
    Options
    It's been a couple weeks now and the cube is everything I was told. Very pleased to say the least. A whole new level of sound for my vinyl. Also just ran into a Denon DP1200 TT. So vinyl has a new feel in my house and it's just wonderful!.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    If possible, can you post some pics?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • soundfreak1
    Options
    The cube resides behind my TT so (not much to look at, a 5x5"x3" "black cube" with (just as plain) bigger black box (power supply) but the Denon is pretty to look at!
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable