Broken DSW PRO 400

Broken DSW PRO 400
I have bought this in Sweden at "Net on Net" but now they do not sell or repair this anymore.
now i have found service shop that can fix my speaker but he can't get the blueprint schema for the DSW PRO 400. I have mailed polk audio to time. no reply!
I have try to find the blueprint schema on trhe and try to talk to polk audio prtner in Norway Oslo, they say that the will help but never come back to me.

I need help here!

/Mats

Comments

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,614
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. I'll ask someone at Polk to contact you and provide the amplifier's schematic.
    Regards, Ken
    "And the house you live in will never fall down
    If you pity the stranger who stands at your gate" G.Lightfoot
    Polk's Ken Carter has responded that he has asked for the schematic and should have it in a day or two.
  • xonxoffxonxoff Posts: 1
    Hi. I have a DSW 400 Pro, bought it brand new in Dec 2008. Worked until this year, then died. Took the back off and found that a diode on the power supply board blew. Replaced with exact diode and the unit worked for about a week and then died again. The same diode blew again. All other components look good on the power supply and amp boards.

Are you able to help me diagnose the problem?

The diode is right between R4 and D4, and seems to be identified as TVS1.
    The diode number is P6KE180ALFCT-ND and it's destqhc97hjy7s2.jpg
    cription is "TVS Diode 154VMW 246VC DO204AC".

I need to find out what is causing this diode to overload.

Thanks!

Thanks.
    myc5qghubt58.jpg
  • gw936gw936 Posts: 4
    Hi, I have the exact same problem. Did you ever get an answer to this or solve the problem?
    Much thanks.
  • itinkeritinker Posts: 2
    I too, have the exact same problem: DSW PRO 400 failed TVS Diode. Pictures of my board would look identical.

Any updates as to the cause of failure and fix. I called Polk inquiring about a schematic and any related Technical Service Bulletins that may be available, their Customer Service was not very helpful and could not provide anything.

Thank you in advance for any insights.
    Hello,
    Send an email to: [email protected] and ask for assistance.
  • itinkeritinker Posts: 2
    Ken,

Thank you. I will contact Mr.Carter.