Amp for rti a9

13»

Comments

• tonybtonyb Posts: 29,752
    Stevemac wrote: »
    Very informative info on this site from last year!
    Any current simple solutions(deals) for a 7.1 AVR with pre amp feature, and a proper power amp to feed my very new RtiA9 towers??
    Stevemac

All AVR's have a pre-amp section. Ideally you want an AVR with preouts that allows you to add an amplifier. Most here use Yamaha, Pioneer, Marantz receivers.

AMPS- You want one a bit warmer sounding to offset the brightness of the A9's. Parasound amps work well, B&k, McCormack, Belles, just to name a few. Buy used, save some coin.

Use good quality cables too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1430 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,119
    Don't go with a pro amp. Seriously, DONT. I did, and now I’m stuck with it.
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Polk SDA CRS/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner and phono.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • rjmaurerrjmaurer Posts: 4
    I've been watching this tread for a while because I'm in the same boat - new A9s and feel they could use a bit more power.

A bit of background - this is my home theater system which is 7.1 using a Denon 3313ci AVR and in wall/ceiling RT line speakers. The fronts were my old Monitor 10s from the late 80s. I replaced the 10s with RTI A9s and while movies sounded great, 2 channel stereo seems a bit thin.

So to solve this I've ordered a Parasound A21. It arrives this week. I'll report back what my impressions are going from a 130 watts (stereo mode) AVR vs 250 watts power amp.
13»