Moving Sale

Options
smglbrth
smglbrth Posts: 1,460
edited January 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I plan on moving this Spring and don't want to move all this equipment, again. I plan on just going back to the basics for now. It would be great to not ship any of these items since shipping costs a fortune nowadays but it's up someone else if they want to pay it.

Pioneer VSX-1015TX Surround Receiver
A very nice older "non" HDMI receiver that is built pretty well. Specs are on-line (120 watts/channel into 8ohms), has digital inputs, pre-out/main-in, MCACC and a bunch of other toys I don't use. It has only seen light movie surround usage since I've had it. It does come with the original remote/manual. I do have the box for it so would consider shipping if I can't get anything local. No scratches that I can see with the exception of a few very minor ones which were covered by Eric before I got it. Price-$80 (without shipping)

Polk CS2 Series II (Cherry)
I've had this for around 4 years and it's never missed a beat, in perfect shape. I also have the box/manual for this. Price-$75 (without shipping)

Polk PSW110
I've had this for around 4 years as well. The internal amp did go bad but Polk replaced it at no charge and has worked great ever since. There are no real scratches on it, maybe a drop or two of "something" on top (what can I say, I have a family!) but pretty minor. I also have the box/manual for this. Price-$80 (without shipping)

Polk Audio T15
I've used these as my rear surrounds for around 4 years. One of them did come off the wall watching Superman and bent up the basket on one of the drivers. I replaced the driver/tweeter/crossover with the parts from an old center speaker I had. So, they don't exactly match (never bothered me) so they might just be good for garage/outdoor listening. Again, box/manual. Price-$25 (without shipping)

B&K PT3 Series II Preamp
I bought this from the original owner probably 11-12 years ago, heck, I don't exactly remember. One problem it has is the DVD input makes a humming noise. It's done this for years but I don't use that input so I never bothered with it. The other inputs work fine as they are all line-level. Front face is near perfect, there is a small scratch on the top right at the back of the unit. Oh yes, I only control the volume from the remote since the knob on front likes to do funny numbers up and down when I turn it. Sounds great as the day I bought it. I don't have the original box but I can get it boxed, manual and remote. Price-$70 (without shipping)

B&K Reference 200.2 Amplifier
I bought this second hand as well, probably 8-9 years ago. It's been a rock of an amplifier and sounds great. Front face is perfect and I can't find any scratches on the sides/back. The speaker terminals are the kinds that have the clear plastic outside and the metal inside. A few of them have worked loose from the plastic/metal but it's never been a huge deal to me (it always made me wonder why someone would make terminals like this). They still tighten fine you just have to squeeze them harder if you use bare wire. I have the original box/manual. Price-$400 (without shipping)

Polk Monitor 7C
These do have the original stands attached (I also spiked them). Trey did the crossovers for me with Clarity PX/Mundorf Mox resistors. They also have Larry's rings installed, including the tweeter brackets. One of the MW6502's has a little "dab" of JB Weld on the surround from my clumsy fingers while I did the magnets. I have kept my eye on it and it still seals and moves well. The grills are original in great shape, the cabinets are Rosewood which is very slightly pealing on a few spots on the back. Sound is phenomenal out of these and they need no introductions here. Manual/sheet for the stands. Price-$150 (no shipping)

Polk SDA 2A
These are also spiked but with 2 inchers (I do have the original bases). Dave did the crossovers on these with Clarity PX/Mundorf Mox (exception being the two 130 uf, he put in one Bennic to make up for those), they also have the new inductor for the dimensional crossover (Erse). These do have the upgraded tweeters from Polk, all new screws with hurricane nuts (Phillips #2 heads so they look original), cabinets have been resealed where I thought they might need it and the magnets have been done. Grills are original (also in great shape) and the cabinets aren't terrible (very presentable) but not perfect either. These also come with a spare pair of SW121 passives. These also sound great and fit into many of the smaller spaces most of us have to live with. Price-$250 (no shipping)

I will part the older Polks out if I have to, and have enough interest. In this case I will not part the RD-0194 tweeters, I will keep them as spares. Also, if either pair do sell "whole" then the 0194's would go with whatever speaker, either the 7C's or SDA's. If both sell "whole" then the SDA's will get them. However, I do have around 4 older SL2000's that I will part with as well, again, if there is any interest.

I will try to post pics tonite but in case I don't get it done, or can't quite figure it out on Vanilla, I can send them via email. (Wow, they did load up! Sorry for the one blurry pic of the amp, guess I shook it)

Thanks for looking ladies/gents!xg7ryv1xl5w2.jpg
ar9amde8ygea.jpg
gtvpt1m7ml29.jpg
mdrr75z0cxmo.jpg
e5p7vt37p5hz.jpg
bfnhrzuftwcz.jpg
9295d258b6my.jpg
chfyoc3k1at4.jpg
fjf0is0tw3om.jpg
7l0i0q88zm79.jpg
vw1rd1l2b7h9.jpg
Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Where are you located? Might be interested in the 7C's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    Options
    God you suck! That 200.2 is VERRYYYYY TEMPTING
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • smglbrth
    Options
    Sorry, I knew I forgot something (I always do), 53821, Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin. A tad too far for most I would assume. It sucks to feel like you live in the middle of nowhere...
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    Did you do all that work to those Monitor 7's and leave SL2000s in them?
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    IF West Coast I might be interested in those 7c's as well.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• smglbrth
    edited January 2017
    Options
    nspindel wrote: »
    Did you do all that work to those Monitor 7's and leave SL2000s in them?

No, I had some 0194's in them but stuck those in the a different pair I'm currently keeping which I redid myself with Clarity ESA/Mills. I use the other ones more so they got 'em. Never got around to getting another pair.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    PM on

SDA 2a
    7C's
    B&K 200.2
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    PM on

SDA 2a
    7C's
    B&K 200.2

Make that 200.2 go away!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    @dromunds might be interested, Don?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    Yes, I would take the 7C's if available. Very much.
  • rburgess714
    Options
    I would like to buy the b&k. On west coast pm me.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Put me in line for the B&K amp....
  • deucekazoo
    Options
    Sent you a PM on the preamp.
    Polk S10, S8, S4
    Polk RT8
    Polk Monitor 7s
    Working on getting SDAs
  • kevhed72
    Options
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Sorry, I knew I forgot something (I always do), 53821, Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin. A tad too far for most I would assume. It sucks to feel like you live in the middle of nowhere...
    Isn't that where one of Frank Lloyd Wrights personal homes is located?

• dromunds
    Options
    Frank Lloyd Wright lived just west of Madison in Spring Green, he called it Taliesin. He also later built Taliesin West outside Phoenix. Taliesin at Spring Green was his family's heritage farm and he re-did a bunch of cool buildings. Not sure if he designed a house in Prairie Du Chien, but he lived at Spring Green. A true genius.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Put me in line for those 7c's too.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Right up the road from me good thing the B&K stuff is spoken for, good luck with the rest of your sale.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • smglbrth
    Options

The B&K amp, 7C's and SDA's are awaiting conversations and such.
    Amp (2) - 7C's (3) - SDA's (1)
    The B&K pre has one person in line (via PM)
    The Pioneer receiver has one person in line (via PM)

Which one, or both?
  • kevhed72
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • smglbrth
    Options
    The B&K preamp is sold pending funds.
  • smglbrth
    Options
    The 7C's and 2A's are spoken for.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    Stuffs flying off the shelves!
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    Options
    interested in buying B&K Reference 200.2 Amplifier
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• Nightfall
    Options
    Who got the 7C's, Jesse?

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    I wish. If only he would have shipped them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Options
    Original stands and Trey modded crossover 7C's for $150 is a steal, congrats to whoever got them.

• dromunds
    Options
    Paul and I worked out something where he got the 2A's and I got the 7C's. I have to make the drive to pick them all up, and we also did some horse trading on other stuff between us. Paul is a great guy and this exemplifies what is great about the Polk forum. Years ago, I sold my 2A's to Paul, together with 194's and Larry's rings. In this current horse-trading deal, among other things, I'll get my 194's back for the 7C's, and Paul will get some of Heiney's holy grail 5965 Telefunkens for his Dared that Paul had sold me a few years back. Now Paul will end up with 2A's with modded crossovers 194's and rings, (and a sweet tube upgrade to his preamp) and I'll have some 7C's with original stands, modded crossovers, 194's and rings. Some things came around full circle so to speak, (or at least a partial circle.) Ain't it great? B)
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Just like a good romance movie or novel, I love it when everything works out like it should.

Not that I watch or read them.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I bought my 1Cs twice. First time stock. Sold 'em. They came up for sale a few years later with some mods done.
    No regrets.
  • smglbrth
    Options
    The B&K amp is sold pending funds.