Creedence Clearwater Revival

A while back I bought the HDTracks remastered 192/24 package of all CCR albums. For the last three hours I have been listening to them on random shuffle, and just about every song is a keeper. It's nice to be reminded of something good. :)
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    They had the most number 2 hits back in the day. Great band and I also got the HDTracks remastered.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Make that 4 1/2 hours. Switching to the general rock playlist.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Fogerty's solo stuff can be pretty dang good also
  • I lost track of him after the Golliwogs.
  • dromunds
    Fogerty is a dynamo in concert as well
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Absolutely love me some CCR! John Fogerty's solo album "Centerfield" is a favorite as well.

Great stuff that I can listen to all day.
    No excuses!
  • dromunds
    These two are good as well. They're all good IIRC
    9b3sq1dfd7ud.jpg
    dg2h1s0bbpeg.jpg
  • If you are into B.F. Goodrich, try this underrated LP;
    oqm2zu3s86zf.jpg
  • I have been to two Fogerty concerts in the past four years in the Atlanta area.

The music was great at both, and I think the first one outside was better than any concert (Eagles, Church, Krall, Seger, Tedeschi Trucks, Keb'Mo, Urban) I saw in the past ten years.

The guitars were not good for my tinnitus. Actually, I don't remember having the ringing prior to the second concert when the seats were very close to the stage. Of course, my age could play a part in my memory of the concerts.

The album this is from is one of my favorites.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMU5s-PDBac
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • This

leeajj7m1ufh.jpg

was played to death at the old homestead, was resurrected, then played some more.

It had one of my favorite tunes ("Ramble Tamble") and one of my least ("Heard It Through the Grapevine").

CCR, the royalty of "swamp rock". And that is a good thing.
    ccr.jpg 12.1K
    Sal Palooza
  • Gatecrasher
    Gatecrasher Posts: 1,550
    edited February 2017
    Fogerty's solo stuff is good but nowhere near the caliber of his CCR material.

I first got into CCR when I was about 12 years old. My aunt (who was really hip) gave me the record album "Creedence Gold" for Christmas. It was a new release then (which should give a hint as to how old I am). It had the silhouettes of each band member on the front and they folded out to reveal their faces. Pretty-cool.

I had heard some of the songs on the radio but not all of them. After I played the record a few times I was hooked from that point on.

One of the greatest rock bands in history. Every song they ever did was an instant classic.