RTi38 Tweeter issues

Options
Hi new here but not new to Polk speakers. First I was wondering what the model number of the tweeter is for this speaker, any other specs and/or if you know know them or have lit to read (I have the manual). Secondly, is this a common occurrence for these tweeters to blow (both have blown)? I do turn it up some but I not to distortion even though the speaker is probably judging the signal more accurately.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    Remove the tweeter, the part number will be on the back.

You are driving whatever it is you are using for power into clipping and in turn cooking your tweeters. Turn it down.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Oldkid
    Oldkid Posts: 3
    Options
    I disassembled my speakers and a resistor on both crossovers had a failed solder point, one had completely fell off. Re-soldered them back on and voila they both work now. ;) I guess it wasn't clipping. It was old or poorly soldered points.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    Options
    Or the resistors got hot enough to melt the solder.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Oldkid
    Oldkid Posts: 3
    Options
    Possibly, IDK. Looked like the way the resistor was positioned it wanted to pull away. I'm just glad it was a cheap fix.