Lone Star Audio Fest 2017 - May 5, 6, 7

Comments

• marvda1marvda1 Posts: 2,699
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Booked for three rooms. Gonna be a good time

what are you going to do with 3 rooms?
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,783
    I asked him the same question, he said something about Me, Myself, and I :|
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,329
    marvda1 wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Booked for three rooms. Gonna be a good time

what are you going to do with 3 rooms?

Party hard
    edited February 8
    Just bringing a few friends. Figured it would be prudent to have a room or two to accomodate them.
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,031
    That's all I am? A friend?!?!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    Silverline Sonatina MkI, LSi15, LSi7, LSiC, LSiFX, LS/FX, DSW MP2000
    Jeez you leave a trail of tears Russ
    0olv19p56pxu.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    That's all I am? A friend?!?!

You're my "special" friend... ;)
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,235
    Where? I'm making plans now. Details please.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• Done. Get the audio on!

AI
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,446
    Talked to my wife and....

giphy.gif

ITS HAPPENING!
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

Lessons cost money, good ones cost LOTS - Tony Beets

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

My system makes me happy and changes too often for me to care to update a list..... you guys are good at spending my money!
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,202
    This is the year I pass the torch to another elevator passenger. Unlit of course. Wouldn't want to use up all that 'good air'.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra, Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design Magnifico, North Star Design Supremo
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    Main system
    http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347 Freelance reviewer for StereoMojo
    ^I'm looking forward to hearing those babies! And scared as heck that I will end up with more lust for them than I have now lol

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)

My system makes me happy and changes too often for me to care to update a list..... you guys are good at spending my money!
    I'm sorry to say this year I'll be traveling light...looking forward to seeing ya' guys
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say this year I'll be traveling light...looking forward to seeing ya' guys

mini dancer 2's ?
    Main system
    edited February 9
    Ask Skip, they're sitting in Dallas at Halens,

All I'm bringing from mi' casa is the Simply Italy for Voltz to play with

So just liquor then eh :grin:

Yup, the only thing I'm bring that won't be light....biga$$ ice chests

I'm sure Russ will help you lighten the load for the trip home.....

Bring that little portable player you've got, I'd be curious to look at it....

I'm sure Russ will help you lighten the load for the trip home.....

Bring that little portable player you've got, I'd be curious to look at it....

I'm assuming you're talking about Peach Tree deepblue2 or you talking about my AK120ii
    I'll try, Peach Tree is at the ranch,
    Usher will be there for sure. The Be-10 might not happen though. Auralic hopefully will be too.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra, Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design Magnifico, North Star Design Supremo
    I'm assuming you're talking about Peach Tree deepblue2 or you talking about my AK120ii
    I'll try, Peach Tree is at the ranch,

AK120ii was what I was talking about..... if its a pain dont stress it I'm sure my heads gonna be spinning as it is.....

Either due to all the cool gear.... or Skip's "fragrance" :smile:

My fragrance is quite flagrant.
    audiothesis.com/

DSkip wrote: »
    My fragrance is quite flagrant.

Crimes of flatultory r@pe
    I'll have to dig up the AK, been a thorn in my side because I can't get AK's customer service to respond for a replacement battery....don't get me started on that BS
    I'll have to dig up the AK, been a thorn in my side because I can't get AK's customer service to respond for a replacement battery....don't get me started on that BS

Ahh, then don't stress it. Didn't know if was down for the count. No biggie.

So in trying to look at flights, when does everything really kick off and wind down?

Arrive friday at noon-1pm, leave out flight around 3-4pm Sunday
    Cool..... Flight options look cheapest to fly in earlier on Friday (and find somewhere to kill some time), and then have a couple options for flying out either right around 3-4 or maybe a bit later if needed.

I know Sunday is a "full day" per the website but don't know if that actually means "full day" as in midnight, or more like 5 lol...

I figure if I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna try to do it start to finish, or as close as I can get...

Sunday is crapshoot, many still pack up and leave, but book Sunday any time you want to head out...there will still be music playing somewhere and everyone is super cool, even if you don't know them.

If you get in early friday, don't worry about, someone will be around if not far behind