Lone Star Audio Fest 2017 - May 5, 6, 7

Comments

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,470
    edited May 12
    I'm really sorry Paul
    I don't even know how those yea-Hoo's, no offense, ended up in our party, or who they are, just know when we left the hotel they were in the follow.

And yes, it's been 7-yrs now and you have missed the real after hours festivities. One of these years you are going to have to hang for the weekend....you too freebird.

If you are really an audio/music enthusiasts this is the shows to spend a couple days at where we talk audio from breakfast to lights out pass out ;)
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,206
    edited May 12
    voltz wrote: »
    Dan didn't look anything like I picture Bean to look ;)

And you Didn't look like a Slavic but a Texan B)

lol well I forget where Bean came from so now I'm going to have to reread the book but I REALLY wanted to be Ender but some fool who joined but never posts took it from me lol...

But I'd prefer to be the unknown genius that is Bean that you don't know is a backup Ender until after you read Enders Shadow....

I am actually Danish, Norwegian and Finnish so you are right about the Slavic part lol. With enough sun my hair turns blonde but working in IT we don't tend to have an affinity to sun and outdoors lol...

PS my company has a MASSIVE "Hub" down there and I joked to my wife we should move down as the change in weather might help us all health wise lol.....

Her eyes rolled so hard and fast you'd think a 357 Magnum had just gone off.
  • halenhalen Posts: 34
    Paul. Did the picture turn out okay? Haha

Voltz. Sorry. I had so much going on. I don't make excuses. Let me send some you way!!. Haha

www.localyocalfarmtomarket.com

Special reserve.

On another note.

There is something. Very special about the Rosso Fiesole... it is not something one buys and just setup. It requires attention. All aspects. Very transparent to anything upstream.

So. I am hooked. I guess I will start hanging out at Marvin's!!

Regards

halen
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 11,903
    Halen, you are 100% correct about that! Extremely responsive to anything upstream.

Tom
    But once you get there it's bliss. :)
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Halen, you are 100% correct about that! Extremely responsive to anything upstream.

Tom

I shook your hands, so I am putting it onto my resume or CV. Haha. Wish I was able to spend more time.and talk audio

True to upstream. So many others ( audio speakers ) hardly react to it with a day and night difference. Fiesole are special. It is what it is. And I like.

halen
    Thank you the kind words here and also at the LSAF. Perhaps next year we can meet up and talk a little bit more shop about audio. I do plan on attending again next year. I had a blast and I'm looking forward to it already.

I think next year, I'll bring some of my "Top Shelf" selections with me.

Tom
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Thank you the kind words here and also at the LSAF. Perhaps next year we can meet up and talk a little bit more shop about audio. I do plan on attending again next year. I had a blast and I'm looking forward to it already.

I think next year, I'll bring some of my "Top Shelf" selections with me.

Tom

Tequila?????
    Haha....no. Music.

The Tequila and me is a given. Next year, the whole bottle will be gone. For some reason, I just didn't feel like kickin' it like normal on the last night. Weird.

Tom
    edited May 12
    Well when you say "top shelf"...bartender term

If you didn't sprint on the first day, the bottle would have been gone ;)

Like I have room to talk, if it wasn't for Skip on Saturday night, there would have been 10 buzzards drunk on Scotch :o
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 3,954
    There's a reason I use the avatar I use...just sayin'.
    edited May 13
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    There's a reason I use the avatar I use...just sayin'.

The advantages of a full service hotel and good friends....no harm, no foul

Remind me of a trip to Vegas in January a few years ago

I was wearing a Hawaiian shirt, shorts and flip/flops...it is was 20degrees outside and nasty

Guy asked me "Are you from Alaska??? :| :| "

"Hmmm No....why?????"

"Because it's cold outside"

My reply was...."Don't go outside"
  • marvda1marvda1 Posts: 2,644
    look what i found :p

" Daren was at TAVES in Toronto last September and brought the Rosso Fiorentino Fiesole Monitors with him. IMHO best sound in show – mids were fluid – $5995 and the stands were superb pieces of art but as I recall close to $2000 – the Fiesole’s were better than Pulsars as I recall……………"
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,905
    That package was $9500. Now $7500. Not sure where they got the numbers. How old was that review.
    looks like it was 2012.
    Shout out to txcoastal and Voltz. Thanks for dinner guys. That was a big tab.

Halen
    edited May 14
    Oh Chit! I forgot about that until you said something. Yes sir! Most definitely. Both Russ and I also appreciated the dinner. More than you know.

It was a great start to a great weekend. Next year is on Russ.

Tom
    I keed, I keed.....

Tom
    kerry, where's the speaker review? those should be well broken in. me and voltz still breaking ours in :)
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,389
    Santana is helping me break mine in right now!
    elton john was helping me last night.
    Was playing Captain Fantastic & Brown Dirt cowboy just the other day! so I guess he had been helping me too.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 12,905
    edited May 15
    You guys make me jelly. I need my new ones to come in pronto. I'm missing the Fiesole. I'm actually considering selling the Be-10 and downsizing my Ushers to bring in the Siena.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,206
    DSkip wrote: »
    You guys make me jelly. I need my new ones to come in pronto. I'm missing the Fiesole. I'm actually considering selling the Be-10 and downsizing my Ushers to bring in the Siena.

Blasphemy.
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,067
    I'm liking. I got home and had a sinus infection that is just starting to clear up. Finally got the ears opened back up. I like them is all I'm going to say at this time as I haven't done much switching of gear yet. I will say that I can't quit thinking about the 3D stage of the Fiesole's. I'm taking July 4th week off to try and complete some of the work on the inside of my house and get things in better places. May have to hit up Marvin and see if I can swing by his place and check them out a little further.
    sitting on the fence, i may upgrade them to .............. :'(
    Ah, **** son!

Tom
    marvda1 wrote: »
    sitting on the fence, i may upgrade them to .............. :'(

The Coffin's ;) Stop and smell the roses 1st!
    6qh84m7i0wpc.png

I can't smell for my ears :'(
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,067
    OK, I have to ask, whats the bill for these guys? Wonder if they image like the Fiesole? Hmmm, Fiesole with deeper base, that's interesting...