Polk Woodbourne

Options
Ordered from Amazon for 229.00 shipped. Hoping the reviews are accurate :) Anybody have one?

Comments

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    I own 2 (one in Dining Room and one in Master Bedroom) and love them! Thats an amazing price! I connect via Airplay over wifi to my iOS devices.

i think you'll really enjoy it!
    No excuses!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited January 2017
    Options
    IIRC @newrival posted a review thread on his....

Yup... here ya go
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    I own 2 (one in Dining Room and one in Master Bedroom) and love them! Thats an amazing price! I connect via Airplay over wifi to my iOS devices.

i think you'll really enjoy it!

Cool! Good to hear. I plan on using with TV and movies. Will use for music too for casual listening.
  • deronb1
    Options
    IIRC @newrival posted a review thread on his....

Yup... here ya go

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
  • Strong Bad
    Options
    I think it's a shame the Woodbourne didn't take off far better in the market so Polk could keep it around. I guess it's a casualty of the "It's good enough" market that takes the less expensive (even though they could afford the Woodbourne) options that sound good enough (like junk) as background noise in their home.

I paid full price for my first one over 3 years ago and picked up a second one when Polk was selling off a batch deeply discounted on their Ebay store. Was NOT going to let that go. Now I see it on Amazon for $230 and i'm tempted to just grab another, but I really don't have anywhere to put it.

The Woodbourne really does excel! Hope some folks in the forum family pick up the last of these.
    No excuses!
  • deronb1
    Options
    Been listening to it for 3 hours now. Very impressed! Really a smooth performer. Using TosLink from TV, 3.5 mm stereo from CD player and of course Bluetooth. Unreal Soundstage from a single unit. Bass is tight and strong, vocals clear. Listened to some HD YouTube Norah Jones videos and goosebumps raised. Good enough for me!

If anyone is one the fence, this unit is a no-brainer at 229 shipped.
  • Strong Bad
    Options
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it! It's an extremely well built and designed product. Can't imagine this thing not passing any W.A.F. (Wife Acceptance Factor) test in terms of look and sound.

FYI, the app you use on your smartphone to configure and connect the Woodbourne to WIFI, don't try to use the Firmware Update feature. There hasn't been any updates for over 2yrs and the app will just sit there saying "Connecting" and never do anything. I called Polk CS and confirmed that with them.

Have a blast with it!
    No excuses!
  • deronb1
    Options
    Thanks mang! Will do!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Looks like a cool little piece. Kind of reminds me of something by Bose!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • deronb1
    Options
    Looks like a cool little piece. Kind of reminds me of something by Bose!!

It is a bit retro. Surprisingly good sound quality. You will have to hear!
  • deronb1
    Options
    After a few days this unit sounds even better! Some problems however, are that sometimes the remote will not turn unit on. Also, it won't sense the incoming signal.Even tho the green opt light stays green, there is no sound. The amps aren't activated. Doesn't happen every time, but more than I like.
  • deronb1
    Options
    The problem is happening now almost every time I use the unit. Changing to not recommended.