Bought a pair of LSiM703 then cancelled order

Options
This was like the end of November. Cancelled when the pair for $404.00. After three calls to CS to confirm it was only one speaker. I cancelled order. They took the $404.00 out of my account. Still waiting to get my money back. No speaker was ever shipped. ? Thanks. D3klfm2d2zyep.png
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    edited January 2017
    Options
    That's a bummer D. I am sure that they will resolve the issue. I actually did get the pair for $404. After I order I emailed, no response. I called several times before I got through. Was told that it was a mistake but that I could have the second speaker for an additional 25% off the sales price. I asked if I could think about it and was told sure. A few days later I get a fedex notification that I had a shipment coming from Polk. Checked and it was two boxes. After getting the speakers I sent an email stating that I still hadn't been charged. Never got a response, but a few days later they charged my credit card.

Seems like Polk CS is really struggling at the moment. Hopefully after the dust settles from the holidays they will get it together. I am sure you will get your money back, but it does suck that it has taken this long.

I imagine that PMing @KennethSwauger would be the quickest way to resolve this issue...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    The problem lies in the fact that fulfillment of all web orders is handled by a third party & their customer support is atrocious. When you call, you are not dealing directly with Polk. I found this out when I had QC issues with my 705s. PM Ken, he will get you in contact with someone from Polk's parent company Sound United, who will give a damn & make it right.

It baffles me why Polk let's this relationship continue. It's hurting their reputation, no doubt.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    So when I order my speakers at the end of this month, what would be the best way to do it? phone or online.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    So when I order my speakers at the end of this month, what would be the best way to do it? phone or online.

Adorama. MUCH better customer service...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    I agree. Adorama was fantastic to deal with.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Since they have had my money for over a month now. Too bad I cannot get Rooftops deal! Thanks. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'll forward this thread to Polk.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    Apparently karma is a b!otch!

Polk must be hanging onto your cash for a little payback, sensing being offered a dance to "the nhhiep shuffle" (http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/174996/paid-for-pair-polk-shipped-only-1/p1).

You should have checked with him for pointers on proper (loud, continuous and very high pitched) whining! Maybe the "deal" would have gone through. B)
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »

Online has never failed me, anyone I know or have heard of, that wasn't 'up to something'.

• vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options
    Does the third party handle the Polk eBay store sales?

I've had a few transactions there and they were flawless - excellent comm, fast shipping. But I haven't had to return anything.
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ken Carter, from Polk's CS department will email you directly and make sure you receive a refund.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    Money back in my account now. Thanks for all the help. Peace. D
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    Options
    Good stuff. Ken continues to be the man!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman