Maggie's

Options
Looking for a pair of Maggie's. I'm kinda leaning towards the 1.6QR's but will entertain all others. I would also prefer the black socks but not a complete deal breaker st the right price. I never should have sold the III'A that I had. Wifey didn't love them but she now knows that it's possible something similar will be showing up.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    Find a set of 3.6r instead. The true ribbon tweeter in them is among the best I have heard and they don't need much more of a footprint.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Options
    Thanks, John. Did I mention that my budget is no where near those. :(
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    edited January 2017
    Options
    They should be around 1900 or so.. Have seen them around 1500 a few times
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daboyz
    Options
    Can you float me? :) Need to stay in the triple digits.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    If you get really drunk and close your eyes, you could pretend that my LS90's are maggies.

:):):)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • daboyz
    Options
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    If you get really drunk and close your eyes, you could pretend that my LS90's are maggies.

:):):)

Scary thing is, it could happen! :) I thought you sold them a while ago?
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    I haven't been aggressively trying to sell them. I have a guy at work whose been running me around for awhile. But pretty sure he's not gonna take them.

There just chilling in my man-room...waiting for you to give them life..lol.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hey Dave. A pair of MMG's and a little woodwork and new crossover will give you one of the best speakers you've heard ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman