Tweeters.

Options
Can someone please share a link where to buy tweeter upgrades for my sda srs 2 speakers?

Also the model that I need??

New here

I appreciate it!

Best Answer

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Your current tweeter model number is SL2000. The replacement model number is RD0194-1, which is an upgraded tweeter, so order all 4.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Answers

• swissrollboy
    Options
    Thanks! Already glad to be here!

Oh, ok. 10-4

I'm in North Carolina

I'm assuming they'll know what I need?

Or will I need actual part numbers?

I have sda srs 2. Blade/Blade
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    North Carolina! Me too!!! Let's drink and shoot possums.....
  • swissrollboy
    Options
    Yes they're original. Look like fish eyes.

Need someone to shoot some possums lol they're forever killing my little girls chickens.

Just acquired these srs 2's. Been wanting some for quite some time. I'm in love. I'd like to make them the best they can be(which to me they're darn good already). I'm still learning. Very much a newbie.

Pushing them with an emotiva that I bought in a package deal with some vandersteen 3's I got for my wife's work out room. (They're horrible) but she loves them.

The emotiva is the only amp I have that isn't a receiver.

Thanks for all of the info!

• F1nut
    Options
    You'll be wanting a different amp.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,044
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Wait, is that for the possums or the chickens? I'm sorry, I lost track.

;)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,577
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    North Carolina! Me too!!! Let's drink and shoot possums.....

Mmm possum stew granny would be proud.
  • swissrollboy
    Options

Suggestions?

My room is 24x20 with 12' flat ceilings.

Currently using emotiva xpa-200 and an emotiva preamp.

The most volume I can stand is when volume knob is turned up to about 60 % anything over that literally makes my ears Hurt.

Just trying to give you an idea of the power I need. Not interest in playing that loud. looking more for clarity and detail.

I ordered the 194 tweeters today.

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,577
    Options
    60% is getting into no mans land. Emotiva gear can be bright. That with the sl2000 would make my ears hurt.
  • swissrollboy
    Options
    No mans land for sure.

Any suggestions for a certain amp to look for? For the srs 2's?
  • F1nut
    Options
    What's your budget?

President of Club Polk

• swissrollboy
    Options
    1000-1500 or more or less.

I'm asuming amps are like anything else you get ALOT of bang for a certain amount of money pretty much across the board the when you get to that certain level then minute increases in quality/performance start really costing. That's where I'd like to fall in at. Sorta right in the middle.

Hope that makes sense.
  • F1nut
    edited January 2017
    Options
    There's a fine Musical Fidelity A308 in the Flea Market, but it's dual mono and can't be used with your speakers.......shame. Let me see what else I can dig up.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    This will make them sing, https://www.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-wyred-4-sound-st-1000-wyred-4-sound-stereo-st-1000-amp-1-000w-2016-12-30-amplifiers-78163-wetmore-tx

Other than that, take a look on Audiogon to see what might tickle your fancy and we can give you feedback.

President of Club Polk

• swissrollboy
    Options
    There's a fine Musical Fidelity A308 in the Flea Market, but it's dual mono and can't be used with your speakers.......shame. Let me see what else I can dig up.

Is there a modification that can make that possible? Seems like I read that for some of these older common ground polks...

• swissrollboy
    swissrollboy Posts: 8
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Been doing a little digging here local. Found an adcom gfa-5802. $550

That wyred for sound for $1500 or this adcom for $600?

I don't mind spending the money if it's going to be 1000 dollars better.
  • hifihead
    Options
    my own personal experience w/polk audio has been very good. they back/support all of there products well past the time of purchase. as far as i know you can acquire any/all drivers for replacement purposes. polk's cust service is great and they actually care about your needs as a customer/owner of their products.
  • F1nut
    Options
    as far as i know you can acquire any/all drivers for replacement purposes.

They have some, but certainly not all.

President of Club Polk

• UncleChoppy
    Options
    [That wyred for sound for $1500 or this adcom for $600?]

Greetings. Adcom/Polk is a very nice combination and suits my purposes quite well. My home office system uses Adcom GFA535/GFP550 for power and pre. The speakers are Polk Monitor 5b and SDA CRS, switchable. The room is approximately 12x28x8. The Adcom GFP has 11 dots on its volume control circle, and I seldom go higher than Dot Number Three. Most of my listening is at Dot Number Two, and music fills the room. My tastes are eclectic - traditional Irish and Scottish folk, early music from the troubadors through the Renaissance, organ music from Bach to Widor, symphonic from the romantic and classical periods, early opera, jazz from the 20s/30s/40s, and rock from the 50s/60s/70s. Hope this helps. Best wishes.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I can sell you a Parasound Halo Integrated for $1800 shipped to your door. I had SRS2s and it's a great combo.
  • analogluvr
    Options
    I have a pair of SDA srs twos and I am curious roughly how much it is for the tweeter upgrade?
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options

So you have the same room acoustics as he has, the same hearing and the same preference in sound and music?

That is pretty bold, to be able to determine over the internet, what will work for other random strangers, who you have no clue about their situation or anything.

• F1nut
    Options
    Stop trolling.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    analogluvr wrote: »
    I have a pair of SDA srs twos and I am curious roughly how much it is for the tweeter upgrade?

The cost for Club Polk members is $48.00 each.

President of Club Polk

• K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    Stop trolling.

Sorry, not taking your bait. It is getting tired and old, and childish.