Possible to connect Magnifi subwoofer directly with cable?

Hello,

I have been having trouble with the subwoofer on my recently purchased Magnifi soundbar making occasional crackling/light grinding noises. As I have seen on some other posts volume doesn't seem to be a major factor in when it happens, and it does not seem to be very predictable as to what signal will cause the distortion. I think that it might be possible that it is getting wireless interference? I'm familiar with what an overdriven speaker acts/sounds like when being pushed too hard and this issue doesn't seem to quite fit the usual behavior for that. Plus I have yet to turn the system up very loud. I think the loudest I've had it so far is "2 lights" as shown on the bar.

I noticed that there is a 1/8" input jack on the back of the subwoofer and I was wondering if is possible to use that to connect directly to the soundbar to bypass/test the wireless interference issue? I can't find any info anywhere about the jack though other than what is printed on the back of the sub, and so I thought I would check. I don't want to accidentally damage the unit by making to assumptions. I appreciate the info and assistance!

Comments

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,018
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Yes, you can use that connection to go from the soundbar to the subwoofer.
    Regards, Ken
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available", G. Benfield
  • Thank you for the confirmation! Would it be OK to use the stereo audio cable that came with the system, or should I use a mono cable instead? I appreciate the help!
    I don't believe it will make a difference, the connector, inside the sub, will mate with the same pair of bands on the plug whether it is single channel or two channel plug.
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available", G. Benfield
  • Great, thank you for the information. I appreciate all your help and time!
    You're welcome, glad to be of help!
  • StringsStrings Posts: 2
    I'm having the same problem with my system. I'm on my second sub but don't have an input on the back of my sub to bypasss the wireless
  • StringsStrings Posts: 2
    Love the system but it's very annoying