PSW10 to Onkyo HT-S3800

Hello Forum,

I was curious if it's possible to hook up my PSW10 to an Onkyo HT-S3800 AVR. My previous AVR had a RCA output connected with a RCA Y cable to the sub but this new one receiver has regular speaker cable inputs.

Thanks for any assistance.

Comments

• Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Yes, there's an easy way, just run a second set of right and left speaker wires from the front speaker connections, on the receiver, to the corresponding right and left speaker inputs on the sub.
    Regards, Ken
  • Thanks for the response KennethSwauger,

I just want to clarify. Are you suggesting
    1. AVR front left/right output --> sub front left/right input --> sub front left/right output --> front left/right speakers
    2. AVR sub connector + output |--> left/right + input
      AVR sub connector - output |--> left/right - input

Method one, it will wont be using the sub output on the AVR
    Method two, it will be merging four connections into two
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    It appears that HT system uses the HT-R395 receiver model number which has a separate subwoofer out channel for wiring up speaker cables. I'd simply run those out to the subwoofer and attach to the left channel. That should work for you. So add one pair of speaker wire from the AVR Sub connector output +/- to the subwoofer left channel +/- input.

Found model info here: http://www.onkyousa.com/Products/model.php?m=HT-S3800&class=Systems
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • Just pretend the subwoofer is another pair of speakers that you are going to power from the receiver. The additional wires can come from the same place, on the receiver, as the wires that go to the front speakers. I recommended this method because you said, "this new one receiver has regular speaker cable inputs" and assumed you meant the receiver didn't have a "sub-out" connection.