Need idea for a New Year sale

Options
I still have some odds and ends to get rid of. However, I am not giving these away, but won't try to get every penny for them either. I could use some ideas for how to present them for sale, but with a karma feeling. A good deal for all concerned.

Hardware is
Bryston BDP-1 digital file player
Bryston BDA-1 DAC
Bryston BDA-2 DAC

I am sure I have a Shunyata Anaconda digital cable to connect the file player to the DAC, and I might have three Shunyata Zitron power cords to use with these dudes.

New these each cost in the $2K-$3K range. Even the cables are at least $1K.

So, how should I offer these for sale?

Quote a price?
Start a raffle?
Make me an offer?

This is good audiophile quality gear, and will be a nice addition for many. I have another BDP-1 along with an Auralic Vega DAC in my HT, and I have no problem with the sound. The Vega is only a hair better than the BDA-2 DAC.

So, who wants some digital in 2017?
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    Anything sold here must have a price listed. No auctions or best offers per the rules.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Okay. No problem. Still would like a unique idea to part with the gear.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Got me there.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I think I will do a quasi-karma in the Clubhouse. The idea is bouncing around in the head, so I need to finalize it.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    Donate it all to my son's new audio rig. I am still debating on speakers for him though. Would Nola Audio Grands be overkill for a newborn?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 718
    Options
    PM sent...

Thanks
  • F1nut
    Options
    Yep2 wrote: »
    Oh hell... Is this a Karma? 18 PLEASE!

Obviously, you've been here under a different name, so what was it and why the new one?

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    Yep2 wrote: »
    The opportunity was offered to me by Polk to join the forum.
    Membership is open to anyone to join, so your statement is misleading at best. The question is why would you need to join again under a new moniker.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yes, you are not answering the question, which raises a red flag as it's obvious you've been a member in the past, so why the name change? If you haven't been banned or otherwise cast out, there's nothing to hide.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited December 2016
    Options
    There ya go, thanks and welcome back.

The sun isn't up yet. >:)

President of Club Polk

• KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,195
    Options
    Would love one of those dacs. :)
    Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• F1nut
    Options
    LOL......

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    Bud first off, sorry for the derail.

So, maybe request a photo of something or a story of a person's audio journey or what one of your pieces would mean to the interested party.

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm not confused. My last post was to the OP.

President of Club Polk