Hi Sal

Comments

• nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,151
    Sal is good people by me, you'll hear nothing but good things from me about the guy. I bought my CRS+s that I fixed up from him. We hung out for hours at his place listening to his 1.2TLs. I think his video documentation of his restoration project served as motivation to a lot of people on this forum to go and embark on similar projects. I don't think I would have even thought about doing the veneer on my speakers if I hadn't seen Sal's speakers on here first.
  • halo71halo71 Posts: 4,380
    ^ Calm down there a bit. You gonna make him overcharge his LEAF batteries.
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,352
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, well Neil, he sort of came off the rails, big time. Not sure what his deal was or what was going on in his life, etc. But the banning was deserved. He was a constant instigator and then started "spamming" threads with his mantra about electric and green vehicles. It got old fast and he was warned several times.

No ill feelings towards the guy, but those are the facts.

H9

• scottyboy76scottyboy76 Posts: 2,931
    edited December 2016
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Maybe Sal isn't to blame for all the green talk, you guys are starting it without any antagonizing at all. :D

Put a sock in it, tree hugger.

haaaa.....sorry

I always thought sal was fine, but then again I usually avoided the long long threads here.
    they were, many times arguments
  • Sorry to hear this news about Sal. I met him almost 5 years ago to the day and spent a couple of hours at his home listening to his 1.2tl's. This was on my way back home from buying my own pair of 1.2tls which were in my car at the time. Sal's place was on the way home so he invited us to stop by for a visit. He was a very gracious host and bought my bud and I a pizza and made us both a great cup of coffee. It was listening to his 1.2tls that evening that made me realize that up to that point I had done everything completely wrong in my set up. Thanks to Sal showing me what those big polks were capable of my system got completely ripped apart once I got home and then set up properly right from scratch.

Tuning into the wayback machine I also remember him being crucified (or damn close to it) for thinking outside the box for some of his modifications to his polks when he first came to cp.

At any rate thanks Sal for showing me the right way to dial in a set of the big polks whether you come back here or not.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,589
    mrbiron wrote: »
    DEF is made from cow urine.....
    I thought it was just super salt water....
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,589
    mrbiron wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Maybe Sal isn't to blame for all the green talk, you guys are starting it without any antagonizing at all. :D

Put a sock in it, tree hugger.

Ditto!
    Wait, he's in Colorado.....Tree Smoker!

Puff puff pass or something like that.
  • xsmixsmi Posts: 1,278
    Is he back?
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,309
    xsmi wrote: »
    Is he back?

Nope, false alarm...
  • LasareathLasareath Posts: 29
    Thanks for the warm welcome back guys! I knew some of you's Loved me! - It seems more than the guys that don't.

Lasareath
    aka Sal
    nspindel wrote: »
    Sal is good people by me, you'll hear nothing but good things from me about the guy. I bought my CRS+s that I fixed up from him. We hung out for hours at his place listening to his 1.2TLs. I think his video documentation of his restoration project served as motivation to a lot of people on this forum to go and embark on similar projects. I don't think I would have even thought about doing the veneer on my speakers if I hadn't seen Sal's speakers on here first.

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,344
    Couldn't stay away, eh?
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 13,899
    edited June 14
    It's like the Hotel California; you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

2105780005_48406ede31.jpg
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,014
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Couldn't stay away, eh?

He's turning over a new Leaf....

That was a good one.
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,399
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Yeah, well Neil, he sort of came off the rails, big time. Not sure what his deal was or what was going on in his life, etc. But the banning was deserved. He was a constant instigator and then started "spamming" threads with his mantra about electric and green vehicles. It got old fast and he was warned several times.

No ill feelings towards the guy, but those are the facts.

H9

And enough reason to keep him banned.
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 707
    Welcome back Sal ! I always enjoyed your posts about anything; audio, computers, your weight loss surgery, biking, the Leaf, etc. Your You Tube videos too. Stick around, a lot of us missed you! :)
    Thank You.

aprazer402 wrote: »
    Welcome back Sal ! I always enjoyed your posts about anything; audio, computers, your weight loss surgery, biking, the Leaf, etc. Your You Tube videos too. Stick around, a lot of us missed you! :)

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,905
    edited June 14
    So... why come back now? Did you run out of places willing to put up with your agenda, or did you turn over a new Leaf?
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,026
    s5de3z18uayc.jpg
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,276
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    s5de3z18uayc.jpg

Where's da other one eh? Gotta have da forest fire eh!
  • maximillianmaximillian Posts: 2,005
    edited June 14
    DaveHo wrote: »

Yeah he went a little off the rails but overall he was a nice guy. I'm not a fan of lifetime ban unless someone does something really bad. I think a long term hiatus was sufficient in his case.

Welcome back.

Thanks!

Here's my Bathroom Rig:

Carver TFM-6CB, Polk RTi-28's and UniFY PowerBeats Bluetooth receiver. It pumps pretty good.

l4munwogfw79.jpg

DaveHo wrote: »

Yeah he went a little off the rails but overall he was a nice guy. I'm not a fan of lifetime ban unless someone does something really bad. I think a long term hiatus was sufficient in his case.

Welcome back.

I made my own places with thousands of members who all Love EVs and so I don't need to post about them here. I won't post about them anymore. If somebody asks or posts mis-information then I'll respond. I'm Vice President of the NJ Electric Auto Association (NJEAA) the EAA was formed in CA In 1967. Unless I am not aware since I was gone I am the Polkie with the most knowledge when it comes to EV's.

But I did not get banned. I asked Ken to delete me. There's a difference.

Every once in a while I find a post where people are mentioning my name but I cannot reply. Like Jsstas "Is Sal Laughing now" "Road Tax" I've been paying Road tax for 3.5 years. And he's saying I'm going to have to start paying it. I wish people would get the facts straight before making posts with false information and using my name.

So that's one of the things. Have to set the record straight. Like this thread. Welcome back Sal from 7 months ago. You guys are hilarious. LOL.

So... why come back now? Did you run out of places willing to put up with your agenda, or did you turn over a new Leaf?

• WillowWillow Posts: 8,663
    Welcome back Sal. Nice to see you posting again.
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,554
    Good to see you Sal.
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 664
    Hey welcome back.
  • xsmixsmi Posts: 1,278
    Man, I for one am glad to see you back!
    monepolk wrote: »
    Hey welcome back.
    xsmi wrote: »
    Man, I for one am glad to see you back!
    cfrizz wrote: »