Hi Sal

Comments

• nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,166
    Sal is good people by me, you'll hear nothing but good things from me about the guy. I bought my CRS+s that I fixed up from him. We hung out for hours at his place listening to his 1.2TLs. I think his video documentation of his restoration project served as motivation to a lot of people on this forum to go and embark on similar projects. I don't think I would have even thought about doing the veneer on my speakers if I hadn't seen Sal's speakers on here first.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • halo71halo71 Posts: 4,380
    ^ Calm down there a bit. You gonna make him overcharge his LEAF batteries.
    --Gary--
  • heiney9heiney9 Posts: 23,418
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, well Neil, he sort of came off the rails, big time. Not sure what his deal was or what was going on in his life, etc. But the banning was deserved. He was a constant instigator and then started "spamming" threads with his mantra about electric and green vehicles. It got old fast and he was warned several times.

No ill feelings towards the guy, but those are the facts.

H9

"Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass

Pass Aleph 30 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Plus DAC | MIT Shotgun S3 | MIT Z P/C's | updated SDA 1C| SQ Box Touch/Welbourne Labs P/S- Tubes add soul!
  • scottyboy76scottyboy76 Posts: 2,931
    edited December 2016
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Maybe Sal isn't to blame for all the green talk, you guys are starting it without any antagonizing at all. :D

Put a sock in it, tree hugger.

haaaa.....sorry

I always thought sal was fine, but then again I usually avoided the long long threads here.
    they were, many times arguments
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • Sorry to hear this news about Sal. I met him almost 5 years ago to the day and spent a couple of hours at his home listening to his 1.2tl's. This was on my way back home from buying my own pair of 1.2tls which were in my car at the time. Sal's place was on the way home so he invited us to stop by for a visit. He was a very gracious host and bought my bud and I a pizza and made us both a great cup of coffee. It was listening to his 1.2tls that evening that made me realize that up to that point I had done everything completely wrong in my set up. Thanks to Sal showing me what those big polks were capable of my system got completely ripped apart once I got home and then set up properly right from scratch.

Tuning into the wayback machine I also remember him being crucified (or damn close to it) for thinking outside the box for some of his modifications to his polks when he first came to cp.

At any rate thanks Sal for showing me the right way to dial in a set of the big polks whether you come back here or not.
    modded polk 1.2tl's+dreadnaught, mcintosh c100, d100, mr80, mvp831,+ bridged mc2500's, mit cables
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,051
    mrbiron wrote: »
    DEF is made from cow urine.....
    I thought it was just super salt water....
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,051
    mrbiron wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Maybe Sal isn't to blame for all the green talk, you guys are starting it without any antagonizing at all. :D

Put a sock in it, tree hugger.

Ditto!
    Wait, he's in Colorado.....Tree Smoker!

Puff puff pass or something like that.
  • xsmixsmi Posts: 1,280
    Is he back?
    2-channel
    Yaqin MC-30L, Denon DVD 3900, Sony C69ES CD Changer, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box MM, Polk Audio SDA SRS 2 Blade-Blade, Monster Cable throughout.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,386
    xsmi wrote: »
    Is he back?

Nope, false alarm...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • LasareathLasareath Posts: 39
    Thanks for the warm welcome back guys! I knew some of you's Loved me! - It seems more than the guys that don't.

Lasareath
    aka Sal
    nspindel wrote: »
    Sal is good people by me, you'll hear nothing but good things from me about the guy. I bought my CRS+s that I fixed up from him. We hung out for hours at his place listening to his 1.2TLs. I think his video documentation of his restoration project served as motivation to a lot of people on this forum to go and embark on similar projects. I don't think I would have even thought about doing the veneer on my speakers if I hadn't seen Sal's speakers on here first.

My main speakers, Polk Audio 1.2TL's Signed by Matthew Polk

http://www.Lasareath.com/
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 37,669
    Couldn't stay away, eh?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 14,332
    edited June 14
    It's like the Hotel California; you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

2105780005_48406ede31.jpg
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,130
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Couldn't stay away, eh?

He's turning over a new Leaf....

That was a good one.
    Living room

Mains: SDA 2B Studio
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12
    Power: Marantz SR7000
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved

2 Channel/Bedroom

Polk TSI 200
    Power: Yamaha Av34
    CDP: Technics SL-PD688
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Grado SR80e
    Harman Kardon CL
    Bravo V2 12AU7

Closet of Dreams:

Marantz PM235
    Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Paradigm Monitor 90
    Polk RTA11TL
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,477
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Yeah, well Neil, he sort of came off the rails, big time. Not sure what his deal was or what was going on in his life, etc. But the banning was deserved. He was a constant instigator and then started "spamming" threads with his mantra about electric and green vehicles. It got old fast and he was warned several times.

No ill feelings towards the guy, but those are the facts.

H9

And enough reason to keep him banned.
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 766
    Welcome back Sal ! I always enjoyed your posts about anything; audio, computers, your weight loss surgery, biking, the Leaf, etc. Your You Tube videos too. Stick around, a lot of us missed you! :)
    Thank You.

aprazer402 wrote: »
    Welcome back Sal ! I always enjoyed your posts about anything; audio, computers, your weight loss surgery, biking, the Leaf, etc. Your You Tube videos too. Stick around, a lot of us missed you! :)

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,072
    edited June 14
    So... why come back now? Did you run out of places willing to put up with your agenda, or did you turn over a new Leaf?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive with ClearAudio Titanium v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Men are like a very fine wine. They start off as grapes, and it takes the love of a Woman to stomp the crap out of them in order to make them something modestly acceptable to have dinner with...
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,106
    s5de3z18uayc.jpg
    Coming Soon to a Table Near You!!!
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,531
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    s5de3z18uayc.jpg

Where's da other one eh? Gotta have da forest fire eh!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.

Bedroom: Mac Mini, XBox One 500Gb+2TB External, Control Marantz SR6008 powering the top halves of the towers, Dumb amp Harman Kardon HK3490 powering the lower halves of the towers, RTiA7 passively bi-amped, Alpine CDA-9886 car deck for radio purposes, Schiit Asgard 2, Sony MDR-1R.

Keiko wrote: »
    That's offensive and not audio related. I'm telling! :#
  • maximillianmaximillian Posts: 2,012
    edited June 14
    DaveHo wrote: »

Yeah he went a little off the rails but overall he was a nice guy. I'm not a fan of lifetime ban unless someone does something really bad. I think a long term hiatus was sufficient in his case.

Welcome back.

Thanks!

Here's my Bathroom Rig:

Carver TFM-6CB, Polk RTi-28's and UniFY PowerBeats Bluetooth receiver. It pumps pretty good.

l4munwogfw79.jpg

DaveHo wrote: »

Yeah he went a little off the rails but overall he was a nice guy. I'm not a fan of lifetime ban unless someone does something really bad. I think a long term hiatus was sufficient in his case.

Welcome back.

I made my own places with thousands of members who all Love EVs and so I don't need to post about them here. I won't post about them anymore. If somebody asks or posts mis-information then I'll respond. I'm Vice President of the NJ Electric Auto Association (NJEAA) the EAA was formed in CA In 1967. Unless I am not aware since I was gone I am the Polkie with the most knowledge when it comes to EV's.

But I did not get banned. I asked Ken to delete me. There's a difference.

Every once in a while I find a post where people are mentioning my name but I cannot reply. Like Jsstas "Is Sal Laughing now" "Road Tax" I've been paying Road tax for 3.5 years. And he's saying I'm going to have to start paying it. I wish people would get the facts straight before making posts with false information and using my name.

So that's one of the things. Have to set the record straight. Like this thread. Welcome back Sal from 7 months ago. You guys are hilarious. LOL.

So... why come back now? Did you run out of places willing to put up with your agenda, or did you turn over a new Leaf?

• WillowWillow Posts: 8,690
    Welcome back Sal. Nice to see you posting again.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607(pre), Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ Amlogic S805 Media player. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Rotel 1075, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs

• cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 12,578
    Good to see you Sal.
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 671
    Hey welcome back.
  • xsmixsmi Posts: 1,280
    Man, I for one am glad to see you back!
    2-channel
    Yaqin MC-30L, Denon DVD 3900, Sony C69ES CD Changer, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box MM, Polk Audio SDA SRS 2 Blade-Blade, Monster Cable throughout.
    monepolk wrote: »
    Hey welcome back.
    xsmi wrote: »
    Man, I for one am glad to see you back!
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Good to see you Sal.

Thanks All!

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,073
    What's up Sal? Long time, no talk.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,386
    Gawd I wish I could get a mulligan...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t