Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,056
    Lots of Teslas in the vicinity of Hanover NH (Dartmouth College) -- there's a Tesla charging station at one of the local shopping centers (in the sales tax free shopping Mecca that is Lebanon, NH) that's about like that. They do good "business", too.

More than a few Leafs (Leaves?) and Volts in the area, too.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,283
    edited February 4
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Lots of Teslas in the vicinity of Hanover NH (Dartmouth College) -- there's a Tesla charging station at one of the local shopping centers (in the sales tax free shopping Mecca that is Lebanon, NH) that's about like that. They do good "business", too.

More than a few Leafs (Leaves?) and Volts in the area, too.

Plus, there is a DiAngelo's Subs right across the road. And a great beer store too. :p

• verbverb Posts: 3,351
    edited February 4
    This is a great thread! Sans Sal's posts of course, but I can imagine! I can only imagine owning a Leaf within eyeshot of a charging station:
    3dmzlsiu4zc4.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    Nice lookin' wheels on that Leaf ^^^
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,937
    Ironically I'm not even sure where the nearest charging station is in Indy (I've never seen one anywhere I drive lol).... yet we have a Tesla dealership in the mall, go figure....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Ironically I'm not even sure where the nearest charging station is in Indy (I've never seen one anywhere I drive lol).... yet we have a Tesla dealership in the mall, go figure....

that could be kind of important, vis-a-vis a Tesla purchasing decision ;)
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

that could be kind of important, vis-a-vis a Tesla purchasing decision ;)

Its in the richy rich "Fashion" mall.... so people with more money than sense.......

So they can buy it as their, you know 5th car to go along side their porshe or lambo and drive when they want people to talk about how "environmentally friendly" as they drive to the yacht club to get on their super green 20 foot yacht :astonished:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,386
    There is no such thing as a 20 foot yacht. That's more or less a dinghy.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

edited February 5
    F1nut wrote: »

Lol. Well boats aren’t my forte obviously :smile:
  • cmy330gocmy330go Posts: 2,285

How is this ironic?
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,845

Dan's a city slicker ....I.E. it was bigger that a Jon boat ;)
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,388

He meant... 20 feet

WIDE!
  • JstasJstas Posts: 13,681
    Since yacht is a Dutch term, it's designated as being 10 meters long or more which is roughly 33 feet at least.

So if you have a 20 foot boat with a cabin, it's not a yacht, it's a cruiser or cabin cruiser.

That's for pleasure craft. There's also no upper limit on the yacht size for pleasure craft. They just have classes of yachts like mega-yacht or super-yacht.

For commercial or other industrial applications like a warship, there is no designation for a ship below yacht that I know of. Anything smaller than 30 feet is typically a launch or other small support vessel/boat. A yacht is a ship. A cruiser is significantly larger than a yacht. But a yacht of that class is typically around 100-200 feet long depending on intended mission and in regards to sailing yachts, the rigging type as well.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Dan's a city slicker ....I.E. it was bigger that a Jon boat ;)

Dan is also in the country surrounded by a sea of corn, not much water large enough to actually put a boat on..... Closest large body of water is Lake Michigan.... and we never headed north for vacations lol......

Next time I will just stick with a jet analogy instead lol........
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,902
    Down here you can surf the waves from the container ships. I've had the waves almost crash my boat into the gas wells while fishing

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,845
    Slalom water skiing next to barges is exciting on the Illinois river. That will pucker your bottom end. You definitely do not want to fall.
  • cmy330gocmy330go Posts: 2,285
    3uyjyji7dpc1.jpg
    Well someone has to post it.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,234
    hp01x0xdmlnw.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,386
    Sal is lost in space.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

nbrowser wrote: »
    Geez Dan...time to hit the west coast and see the MASSIVE container ships...your eyes would pop outta yer head. Hell we got vehicle ferries the size of smaller cruise ships!

Not a West Coast kinda guy.... for many many reasons lol.....
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Down here you can surf the waves from the container ships. I've had the waves almost crash my boat into the gas wells while fishing

Forget the surfing.... I'd be ALL OVER the Fishing. Thats the only thing that sucks about my location...... Fishing in Indiana sucks, Fishing at Lake Cumberland aint much better.....

I either gotta head down to Southern TN/Northern GA or farther south, or head up to Northern WI and MN for their lakes.....
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Slalom water skiing next to barges is exciting on the Illinois river. That will pucker your bottom end. You definitely do not want to fall.

Eh, that sounds like too much work.... I do occasionally tube, though my vigor for it was tempered a bit due to the last time I went we were a bit crazy and we got up to 50mph on my buddys boat before I wiped out........ That one hurt quite a bit even as I think about it now lol.....

I like the Farmers' ad meme -- but then again, I like the real Farmers ads. :)
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,212
    scubalab wrote: »
    Saw these today at our little town’s grocery store...

1gkqmrioeke6.jpeg
    z720lvrmpj9d.jpeg

At Mejer here in Bolingbrook, we have that that same layout on the side of the parking lot.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

• Tesla Uber

x2v2vh1buljh.jpg
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+